where can I get invoice for my purchase?

interior-1
Community Member

Hi

I brought a few things and would like to print myself an invoice as I need to claim them on Tax, how do I do this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

If you paid with Pay Pal you can just log on to your Pay Pal account and print a receipt from there

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

interior-1
Community Member

no I paid cash on pickup they were furniture & whitegoods I want to print invoice for them from ebay site how do I do this and cant see any option when I go and view my purchase.

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

I'm pretty sure you can only print an invoice through Pay Pal... Mybe contact the seller and ask if they can provide you with a receipt.. They should be able to print you one, I often get an invoice from the seller when I buy items

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

If you go to the sold item in your ebay list, on the right pull down options, there is "view order details".

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

interior-1
Community Member

yes I got that its in my purchase history list (as I brought items not sold) but its only a payment summery not tax invoice.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

private sellers, selling old furniture are NOT able to issue you a Tax Invoice, as no GST was collected.

the only 'receipted invoice' you can get for a cash transaction is one issued by the Seller , not eBay who are just the advertising medium.

you should, in future, print out the ebay invoice or transaction summary and ask the seller to receipt it as paid.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

calsof
Community Member

Ebay does not issue Tax Invoices for it's customers (sellers). Tax Invoices can only be issued by individual businesses (sellers) who are registered for GST. Therefore, contact the seller. If they are registered for GST they will issue a Tax Invoice for you. If they are not, they may issue an Invoice or Receipt.

Tax Invoices exist for the sole purpose of deducting GST from purchases. Receipts or plain Invoices should suffice for bookkeeping purposes.

Don't take my word for it, though. I'm only speaking from the point of view of a GST registered business. I'm not an accountant. I would ask my accountant for you but I think you need to ask yours why you need a Tax Invoice and not some other proof of purchase price such as a receipt.

Sorry,back on topic-I have no comment
Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

interior-1
Community Member

ok thanks

Ive printed the view order details, payment summery, it states there that its COD on pickup and that my payments been received,

this printout shows the item I purchased & value and is good enough for a receipt.

Thanks all.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

I really wonder if some people understand what COD actually means, and that it isn't the same as Cash on Pick Up

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply