“Insufficient funds” sticker on parcel, do I need to do anything?

dgambit
Community Member

I purchased a set of 3 top loader card sleeves from a buyer recently, no note of postage fees on the listing (we live in the same state so I believed this was normal considering most people in the same state have not charged me postage on smaller purchases in the past). Received the package today (padded bad, 100 x 180 mm) and it has a “More to pay - Insufficient funds” sticker on it.

I did not receive the package personally - was dead asleep after a graveyard shift - so I’m not sure if there was any kind of exchange between a delivery person and housemate or if they just picked it out of the mailbox. There is no sender return address, nor any stamps (not sure if that’s important but it seems to be). From what I’ve read on AusPost’s site, they talk about charging the amount to an Aus Business or something account - which as far as I’m aware I do not have - that must be paid within 2 weeks.

The charged amount isn’t that great (about $4) so it’s not really much of a nuisance, I’m more so just confused. Do I need to go to the post office with the envelop to pay the difference, or can I just ignore it considering I received the package anyway? If I do ignore it, will I receive reprocussions considering the sender chose to leave their return address off the package?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

....the oldest trick in the book....how does seller's f/b look? Still, it is not your problem.....seller should pay....but how will A.P. find them.....maybe by asking you??

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Their fb is at about 99% with 100+ responses - I always make a point of it to check their profile before committing to purchase. They seem responsive to the negative feedback they do receive as well. I’ve sent them a message about the situation just now and am going to wait for a response. Like I said, the difference isn’t that much so I’m not really worried about paying it, was more wondering if I had to do so or could just ignore it without consequence

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry, 1000+ missed an 0 there lol

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Was it the seller "footycards............" if so their negs show a history of not paying sufficient postage.

AP may come back to you for the extra postage, but that's a bit doubtful. If they do then you'll need to contact the seller and work it out with them for compensation. If it is that seller then it's a shame you didn't hold back on the feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

It was indeed, I assume either you read my buyer fb or that’s just spooky lol. I saw the recent fb about a similar issue you’re probably talking about too. Honestly I barely noticed at first cause I was half awake and just opening stuff (had a few parcels arrive at once), only regarded the packaging itself long after leaving fb. If it were a greater amount, closer to double digits, then I’d be more inclined to raise a fuss otherwise I’m fine to just shrug it off and not purchase there again

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The seller responded fairly quick to my message, said they were gonna clear it up themselves so as far as I’m concerned unless I receive some kind of invoice it’s resolved apparently haha

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply