Global Shipping programme still continues and ridiculously high prices

As most overseas buyers know, the GSP is still going strong, sadly. Ebay are just greedy and not to forget their selling fees are ridiculous as well. I have on two occasions asked sellers from the US to get a direct postage price but either cant be bothered or just don't answer; perhaps ebay blocking the message.

To send two dolls to Australia from the US would cost me $200.00+ AUD

to send 1 doll, $150.00+AUD.

This of course puts off overseas buyers and inturn sellers are loosing out on potential higher sale prices where in which ebay would pocket anyway. 

We I told the seller this, they had no idea as when they put the weight, dimensions in the calculator, they don't see the true end amount that the seller is charged. So the Seller thinks they are getting their amount but don't realise the huge mark up ebay pockets.

And to add to injury, Australian Gov. now has import tax and anything from overseas.. this was sanctioned with the help of one of the biggest businessmen in Australia who sells household goods, appliances, electronics etc in stores across Aust and NZ. He was missing out on sales to overseas so he rallied to introduce a tax so people would be more inclined to buy his goods. Thanks alot Gerry Harvey, greedy pig.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Have a read of the thread below, that member had a very similar problem.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/How-do-I-avoid-the-absolute-scam-that-is-the-global-shipping...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Nothing to do with greed by ebay, as it is operated and priced by pitney bowes.

Great service for sellers, not so great for buyers.

Don't like it, don't use it.  While you may ask sellers to ship direct, don't be at all surprised if the answer is no,

as you are asking them to give up international shipping protections, while offering nothing in return.

As for your whine about ebay fees, get real.   Extremely good value for money  and have not increased for years.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Careful, you'll be accused of working for/being paid by eBay to respond 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply