Goodbye Ebay Money Back Guarantee Is Fake Tips to avoid losing money

So i have had a bad experience i dont blame the seller all i can blame is ebay and auspost really so i ordered something that had tracking

it was marked as delivered i know for a fact it wasnt auspost try to claim its stolen i know they never delivered it since i was home all day and check that mail nothing else has ever been stolen no one is stealing my mail just happens to be my most expensive item they say it was delivered by a auspost driver that never normally delivers my mail. Ebay Guarantee doesnt cover anything once a item has been marked delivered they wash there hands with it. So Ebay buyers are paying extra money for tracking to lose there gurantree if a item flags as falsy delivered So why would a ebay buyer ever pay more for tracking your pretty much paying extra for less coverage if you just select no tracking at least there is chance you will get your money back if item doesnt arriive

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

How experienced is the seller you purchased from?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 72
Latest reply

3000 positive 100% its not the seller i could of picked up the item i asked for registered they said they had express tracking already so i thought that would be ok but i guess not

Message 3 of 72
Latest reply

If Aus Post safedrop an item, sometimes they take a photo of where it was left - have they offered that at all? (I was able to recover a package that was misdelivered to the wrong address, after confirming the photo of where they had left the package was definitely not my front porch - I was on to them pretty quickly, though, as I got an email notification "your package has been delivered", checked and didn't find it, so it was all in the space of about half an hour). 

You can also sometimes get compensation from them by arguing that if a package is safedropped and stolen, then it wasn't safedropped (that is, they are obliged to leave it in a safe place, which it obviously was not safe if it was stolen). 

Is the seller involved at all? i.e. What, if any, assistance have they provided - if Aus Post do pay out compensation, it will actually go to the seller unless they sign the right over to you, so you may need to communicate with them about it if you can convince Aus post to compensate (one of my buyers did this - I wasn't aware of the issue at all until they sent me a message advising Aus Post were compensating for a package marked as delivered that they didn't receive. They wanted replacements though so I called AP, confirmed the compensation would be sent to me via money order, and sent the buyer the replacements). 

Message 4 of 72
Latest reply

Thanks it was only letter sized they say they put in in my mail box i have asked auspost to investigate and waiting for reply the item isnt covered by compensation so pretty much its a total loss due to auspost policy im pretty sure they deliverd it to the wrong address i hope they do recover it but seems like they just want to say its stolen and wash there hands with it too even though i checked that mail box it was not delivered there.

Message 5 of 72
Latest reply

As digital*ghost said above, find out if it was safe-dropped. It will tell you in the tracking information on Aus. Post's website when you click to display the tracking history. A safe-dropped item will say something like, "Delivered - left in a safe place".

If that's the case, follow digiG's advice. If not, ask your seller if they have a photo of the addressed parcel, and submit it with an official enquiry with AP.

FYI, complaining about eBay's MBG not covering a situation like this makes no sense - if AP tracking have reported via tracking that they've delivered the item, why would eBay cover it? If you trust that the seller has addressed it correctly, then the fault is AP's alone, so you need to chase them about it.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 72
Latest reply

If it was a large letter sent by a tracked method, or a small parcel delivered by a postie, it has up to $100 compensation available. I think you would have a better shot at getting compensation if it was a parcel, because if a regular postie delivered a parcel to a letterbox, it's not the service that was paid for or contracted by you / the seller.

The trick here is to not take no for an answer from Aus Post.

It's impossible to prove a negative (that is, you have no way of proving that you didn't receive something) but it is possible for Aus Post to prove where they delivered a package, but they can't produce this evidence by the sounds of it - all they've told you is "our scan says delivered", which in itself is not ironclad proof considering they have marked packages as delivered while they're just being scanned at a sorting facility, and their suggestion it was stolen is pure speculation, which is not good enough. 

Message 7 of 72
Latest reply

they just say delivered in mailbox i realise it would be senseless to allow buyers to claim on delivered items because people would lie and make false claims but its also sensless that Ebay Buyers are paying extra for less coverage whats the point of even having tracking numbers if all someone has to do is tick delivered on there work tablet then thats it there is no more guarantee pretty much any time you buy something with a tracking number you are gambling with your money because no post man is going to risk there job and admit to losing your package all they will do is mark items as delivered even if its not . or drive past your house mark the item as delivered keep it then claim its stolen

Message 8 of 72
Latest reply

Whatโ€™s not eligible for compensation or Extra Cover?

Extra Cover payment or compensation is not available for loss or damage to any items youโ€™ve sent with us:

• where there is no proof of lodgement (for example, a postage or lodgement receipt or the tracking sticker found on certain prepaid satchels and envelopes); 
  • which contain bank notes, bullion, or similar items;
Message 9 of 72
Latest reply

The fact that it has tracking at all is proof of lodgement - the article can't be in their system if it was never lodged. 

You do have to be prepared to fight Australia Post on this, though, either directly or with the postal ombudsman (having a new staff member unfamiliar with the route doing the delivery that day is another factor in your favour, BTW).

Just in regards to the MBG and tracked shipments - if eBay forced sellers to refund when tracking says delivered anyway (which is what happens if it doesn't have a delivered status), or offered to refund for every buyer who says an item wasn't received when the tracking says it was, the abuse that would leave sellers / eBay open to would be untenable. It does leave buyers vulnerable in these kinds of cases, but these instances are a very small percentage of overall orders, so it's a decision based on minimising the most amount of vulnerability possible to all parties. Many services, eg parcel services like regualr and express) have tracking as a standard feature, so it's impossible to avoid and you don't pay extra for it. 

Message 10 of 72
Latest reply