Grossly over priced coins be aware?

It is quite obvious that some sellers (not everyone, as I've met some beautiful thinking people on ebay), do not care if they are bluntly being deceptive, awhile pleading ignorant on what they sell or some give way too much information to convince you that they know what they are saying in almost declaring they are an expert in what they are selling!

However when it comes to grading coins it is quite simple, first you can increase the value of a coin collection or individual coin by sending it to ANA or reputable company that have experts on historical coins or in general,,,on how it were made, and what-out-of and the meanings of the designs...etc They then at a cost too yoi will either make your dreams come true or bring your world crumpling-down. You also loose your fees that you've paid the valuation, but on-the-other-hand if real they will certify it and put the coin {s} inside a clear protective case!! Declaring the coin is authentic or not fake! Then your is graded by its detail and overall conditio, average, VG, VF, EUNC, UNCirculated, mint, proof....etc Obviously you the higher detailed coins. Which means no marks and NO cleaning, no demage...right...?

So please be wary of such people with over stated descriptions with no independant coin certifications, who are asking tens of thousands dollars for coins that are at best wroth $20.

Example:

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Grossly over priced coins be aware?

Nakalee.

(They have chocolate inside them)

image host
Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Well I got a reply. No mention of my 2UP comment and no offer of a COA. Only offer was that I could have it for $30,000, in 2 payments of $15,000. $15,000 now and $15,000 on delivery. How kind of him!

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Well I got a reply. No mention of my 2UP comment and no offer of a COA. Only offer was that I could have it for $30,000, in 2 payments of $15,000. $15,000 now and $15,000 on delivery. How kind of him!

That speaks volumes, doesn't it. Any genuine dealer would be keen to defend the authenticity of their pieces, you would think, & only too eager to put you in your place if they did have a COA.

Serious coin collectors would know their stuff & be less likely to be caught out.

Surely there wouldn't be too many other buyers though who would hop on ebay and spend $15000 or more on a whim, with no evidence?  If there are, then all I can say is-how the other half lives.Smiley Surprised 

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

There are "tells" with a 1930 penny. I would have to look st the image but it's to do with shape of the 3 and the 0, number of dots and alignment of certain features. It's very easy even for a novice to pick if you view the 2 images side by side.
Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Ahhhh, if they are coins they would have to be choc 'mint' , surely? Cat Wink

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Well check out the prices they have on the coins now **bleep** and also negative feedback has been removed **bleep** looks like a protected species lol

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

The prices have not changed much since I first looked and there is still a negative feedback that make his feedback % very low because of his low number of sales.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

screen capture as image of his/her selling page:

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Only ebay can create a solution regarding this individual, but because "feedback" is used it becomes a loophole for these types of scrupulous sellers!!

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Yep I noticed that now the prices are starting at what the BIN prices were lol.

And the negative feedback about the actual coins have been removed and only the negative feedback that ain't that important to the seller has stayed put.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply