Grossly over priced coins be aware?

It is quite obvious that some sellers (not everyone, as I've met some beautiful thinking people on ebay), do not care if they are bluntly being deceptive, awhile pleading ignorant on what they sell or some give way too much information to convince you that they know what they are saying in almost declaring they are an expert in what they are selling!

However when it comes to grading coins it is quite simple, first you can increase the value of a coin collection or individual coin by sending it to ANA or reputable company that have experts on historical coins or in general,,,on how it were made, and what-out-of and the meanings of the designs...etc They then at a cost too yoi will either make your dreams come true or bring your world crumpling-down. You also loose your fees that you've paid the valuation, but on-the-other-hand if real they will certify it and put the coin {s} inside a clear protective case!! Declaring the coin is authentic or not fake! Then your is graded by its detail and overall conditio, average, VG, VF, EUNC, UNCirculated, mint, proof....etc Obviously you the higher detailed coins. Which means no marks and NO cleaning, no demage...right...?

So please be wary of such people with over stated descriptions with no independant coin certifications, who are asking tens of thousands dollars for coins that are at best wroth $20.

Example:

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Grossly over priced coins be aware?

Some sellers are selling $2 value coins for thousands of dollars. It's really scamming. Does anyone really pay that much? I just couldn't do that. I've got dozens of coins for sale and I barely make any money at all. It just helps.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

I agree, there's even sellers asking $10,000 for a double "HH" 1988 Aussie dollar coin of which they minted over 200,000,000. Buyer-be-where! However this does not include coins alone, it would appear some sellers are basing the merchandise as if they were pricing themselves on the fact they are selling these items....most amusing!

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

It is very much buyer beware, I am afraid, whether you're on ebay or anywhere else.

And not just with coins either.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@neuvop24 wrote:

Some sellers are selling $2 value coins for thousands of dollars. It's really scamming. Does anyone really pay that much? I just couldn't do that. I've got dozens of coins for sale and I barely make any money at all. It just helps.

Whats scamming about it.   If you don't do your due diligence and your problem.

Just to mention I have a $2 coin which I am saving as part of my superannuation and it is wirth a couple of thou.  

It all comes down to you doing you due diligence.  

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@madeofcarbon68 wrote:

I agree, there's even sellers asking $10,000 for a double "HH" 1988 Aussie dollar coin of which they minted over 200,000,000. Buyer-be-where! However this does not include coins alone, it would appear some sellers are basing the merchandise as if they were pricing themselves on the fact they are selling these items....most amusing!

Where are we going? Be where, be anywhere!

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

LOL...LOL...LOL

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

I must admit I had much the same reaction to the opening post.

' awhile pleading ' - good one.

' how it were made ' - OK.

' what-out-of '. LOL

' too yoi '.

' crumpling down '. again LOL

' loose your fees ' - another good one.

' conditio ' - the male italian version.

' obviously you '. ??

' independant & wroth '.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply