Handling fee

I cannot understand why people charge a handling fee, you want to sell something and then lump a handling fee on top??

Looking at an item this morning, item was 100, postage and handling were 106, another seller selling same item had shipping at 56, does not make sence to me.

if I walk into Big W and purchase something and they say, you have to pay handling, I would scream my head off, either you want to sell or you want to rip extra funds from customers.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Handling fee

Wotz in a name, eh?

At Big W, they don't have surcharges added on to their basic prices, but I can guarantee you every time you buy something from them, some of your money is going toward paying for all the staff they pay to receive, unpack, sort, shelve and stock the items...they just don't tell you how much of the price is comprised of that sort of thing.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

tstore
Community Member
Spot on Digital - Kudo 1
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

@tstore wrote:
Spot on Digital - Kudo 1

yes!!.gif

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

Buy the cheaper one then. Nobody is forcing you to pay more than you want to.

I add a 30c handling fee to my postage. This covers 15c for the satchel, 8-10c for bubblewrap, 2c for clingwrap. And the rest goes towards the cost of ink and paper for the labels.

If you don't like it, you know the answer....

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

I mark my gear "free postage" so all you see is the what it costs to get my goods to your door - it may or may not include the quiet drink I sometimes need at the end of a busy day spent eBaying!

Marina.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

Totally agree but I can tell you as a former worker from that store very little goes to the workforce, most goes to profit.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

@boris1gary wrote:

Totally agree but I can tell you as a former worker from that store very little goes to the workforce, most goes to profit.

Sadly, I'm not surprised - every week ended in a bitterly disappointing anti-climax when I saw my wage(s) earned from a similar store. I'd just kinda look at the figure, blink and wonder where the rest was. Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

it's called "garnishing" Digi...which I'd always thought was just parsley...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

In the boss's pocket.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply