Handling fee

I cannot understand why people charge a handling fee, you want to sell something and then lump a handling fee on top??

Looking at an item this morning, item was 100, postage and handling were 106, another seller selling same item had shipping at 56, does not make sence to me.

if I walk into Big W and purchase something and they say, you have to pay handling, I would scream my head off, either you want to sell or you want to rip extra funds from customers.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Handling fee

If you didn't pay for a handling fee then how would Aust Post or any other delivery service deliver your goods? same rule applies for sellers but it's not always visible to buyers.

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
it's called "garnishing" Digi...which I'd always thought was just parsley...

Wage garnishing... Seems a bit like an oxymoron, lol, when in any other circumstance it means adding a little something extra, even if just purely decorative. 

Who can I blame for my still-disappointingly-low wages now that I'm self-employed...?

Hmm... hmm Maybe I need to introduce a handling fee. 

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

Digi..carefully sneak in a handling fee as a slight component within item pricing, and then it's item cost, not the all-offending extra fees 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

@digital*ghost wrote:

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Wage garnishing... Seems a bit like an oxymoron, lol, when in any other circumstance it means adding a little something extra, even if just purely decorative. 

Who can I blame for my still-disappointingly-low wages now that I'm self-employed...?

Perhaps it could be called a self-handling fee, on account of our self-employment. Norty.......(I think my end-of-the-day drink might be making me cheeky!).

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

Now that you're self employed don't forget you don't receive sick,holiday and super payment to go with your low income wage.

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

I dunno... I was thinking if I called it my postage & I can totally handle this charge, it might inspire buyer confidence. 😉 

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

@nevillesdaughter wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Perhaps it could be called a self-handling fee, on account of our self-employment. Norty.......(I think my end-of-the-day drink might be making me cheeky!).

I'm looking at your post...then my last one...and I think it might be time for me to have a drink, too. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

Cheers.

Marina.

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

Back to the Op.

Who claims to be a seller, yet doesn't understand handling charges.

A worry. Unless he has taken a leaf from Alex's book (whatever happened to Alex? Couldn't he handle not having the 'ignore' function?) and is trying to 'subtly' advertise.

Given he hasn't bought anything for 4 months that he's left feedback for.

I certainly wouldn't be drawing attention to my current feedback levels.

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

Handling fee

@davewil1964 wrote:

Back to the Op.

Who claims to be a seller, yet doesn't understand handling charges.

A worry. Unless he has taken a leaf from Alex's book (whatever happened to Alex? Couldn't he handle not having the 'ignore' function?) and is trying to 'subtly' advertise.

Given he hasn't bought anything for 4 months that he's left feedback for.

I certainly wouldn't be drawing attention to my current feedback levels.

Saw that too, but thought if I mentioned it I might be called a b itch (again).

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply