Has anyone else had an automated purchase of Iphone call?

I have just received an automated phone call on my home phone, stating that I have purchase an Iphone for $350 dollars...which I haven't...I am not sure what this call is aiming achieve but I pretty sure it is a scam...One for the Annoying Box....

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

These scam calls are very common and cover just about every service the scammers think they can catch someone out on-banking, ebay, amazon, you name it. 

My sister in law struck a different scam on her phone the other day.

She had a text message come through purportedly from her bank I think it may have been.

It said something along the lines of-it had come to their attention that a lot of scam messages had been sent out using their company name. The scamming messages would often contain a link and it was important that customers never followed it and revealed personal details.

It then had a link to click to 'find out more how to avoid scammers'.

My sister in law said to me-it looks like a legit message, should I click the link?

I said-nope. It just suggested not following links so no legit message would then give you a link. Ignore it. Never click on links like that.

She then looked up a website to check on scams and sure enough, it wasn't a legit banking message.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Gosh! Just as well. Yes, bank scams do catch people out.  Sad when it happens.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

0_P-EodQnRe7W5Wc9q.jpg

โ€ƒ

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply