Have you heard of this list?

Had a seller respond to me when I asked if they would be relisting an item that did not sell at auction and if they did would they do it as a buy it now...their reply was.....

"No, as you are on the list of eBay "nuisance buyers" who waste sellers time without buying anything."

Does anybody know of such a list?

I admit I ask a lot of questions...always have and always will...as sometimes descriptions may not be that detailed and sadly I am one of these people who needs to know somethings about an item...and sometimes it just happens to be not to my liking and I then don't bid or buy.

It appears some sellers don't believe in good old fashioned customer service and I have found myself blocked from some sellers just for this reason.

Right? or wrong?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

**tay**
Community Member

My hubby once asked a seller for the measurements on a jacket they were selling because they didn't have ANY Sizing info on it, not even a generic Size 14! When the seller replied with measurement my hubby said Thank you, but it's too small for me. The sellers reply was "Thanks for wasting my f**king time a*sehole" Just like that. Hubby was stunned, I was furious!

Message 11 of 48
Latest reply

Usually the questions I ask does it have an edition number, a date if not listed, page count which is another way to work out some editions or year published, and sometimes internal condition if it is not even mentioned for the book, booklet or brochure.

I have even had a seller reply "I don't have time to go through all that, it is not worht my while for that price" but with a little more attiude.

Naturally I didn't buy it, but some of the replies can be quite sinister....and sometimes I admit I am stupid enough in the heat of the moment to lose my cool and bite back.

Sadly I probably am at fault on a few occassions but there are some sellers that must just get out of the wrong side of bed when a question is asked.

I am also guilty of asking sellers who have auctions from time to time if they did have a buy it now price in mind what would it be.....some prefer to let the auction run, on some occassions I have paid a lot less than I was prepared to pay and other times they do through a price at me as they just want to clear items fast and oblige by making it a buy it now if the price the quote is okay with me.

Maybe for some they see it as annoying...but isn't a sale a sale, and for some sellers at least saves them perhaps relisting on more than one occassion.

I have that mentallity that "it doesn't hurt to ask"...sadly sometimes some don't think I should.

Message 12 of 48
Latest reply

They are all quite reasonable questions in my opinion. I might roll my eyes at a buyer who asks silly questions, but I will still answer them and not be nasty about it. Sometimes I feel like saying "read the description, it's all there", but I just reply and answer their question. I also thank them for the message.

I feel guilty if it takes me a few hours to reply! I sometimes get messages when I'm at work, but due to having poor mobile reception at work, I usually have to wait until I get home to reply.

Message 13 of 48
Latest reply

@onecooljazzdog wrote:

Usually the questions I ask does it have an edition number, a date if not listed, page count which is another way to work out some editions or year published, and sometimes internal condition if it is not even mentioned for the book, booklet or brochure.

I get those sorts of questions. Even though the information is generally in the description and it would be a lot quicker to read the listing than type the question.

Message 14 of 48
Latest reply

I would never block a buyer for asking questions even if the answer is in the description, like someone mentioned before rechecking items can sometimes reveal new info. Not just on here but everywhere customer service has gone out of the window. What I suggest is to get a separate ebay identity to ask questions, most of us have multiple identities for buying selling etc. that way you can ask all the questions you want and your alter ego can buy it or not. With the abysmal sell rate on here on the moment I'm surprised sellers aren't doing all they can to get a sale.

Message 15 of 48
Latest reply

vicr3000
Community Member

Onecool

I also ask questions, if sellers don't respond they don't get the sale.

And like you I ask if they will re list as a buy it now. I also ask sellers for things currently listed if they will

add a buy it now button, some do, some don't.

Message 16 of 48
Latest reply

I can not seriously beleive any decent seller would be annoyed having to answer a bonafide question.

I do, however, understand how annoying it  can be for a seller when a buyer asks a question that is clearly outlined in the listing, OR when a buyer asks what I would call a 'self explanatory question' like:  how much a 1.5ltr saucepan will hold.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 17 of 48
Latest reply

That original seller I was talking about has just recently relisted the items I originally inquired about, so I thought I would try to use the buy it now as it was an item I wanted......but they had blocked me completly...I just thought they did not want me to contact them about relisting or offers.

This sucks.....the item has since been sold and I missed out.

I am totally annoyed that I have never dealt with seller before but because someone else had an issue with me...grrrrrrr!

Guess I will quite simply have to build a bridge.

Message 18 of 48
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

I can not seriously beleive any decent seller would be annoyed having to answer a bonafide question.

I do, however, understand how annoying it  can be for a seller when a buyer asks a question that is clearly outlined in the listing, OR when a buyer asks what I would call a 'self explanatory question' like:  how much a 1.5ltr saucepan will hold.

I am happy to answer questions - even if they are in the listing. With mobile apps etc some information is not as prominent so it is also an opportunity to review listings to make sure FAQ are answered.

Also eBay is used by a cross-section of society with all sorts of backgrounds, abilities and levels of education. When you are in a brick and mortar store you get the same sort of questions, I guess it just depends on your patience threshold 🙂

Having said that there are some people who just seem to ask questions to be annoying! I get that on another site occasionally where people ask questions via text message, so I can sometimes its not only be annoying but expensive.

Message 19 of 48
Latest reply

The more questions I get from a potential Buyer, the happier I am.

Some buy, some don't.

The ones that buy have always been happy with their purchase.

The ones that don't buy have always been happy with their decision not to.

Sale or no sale I'VE always been happy as the decision to buy or not to buy was a fully informed decision on their part.

Message 20 of 48
Latest reply