Have you heard of this list?

Had a seller respond to me when I asked if they would be relisting an item that did not sell at auction and if they did would they do it as a buy it now...their reply was.....

"No, as you are on the list of eBay "nuisance buyers" who waste sellers time without buying anything."

Does anybody know of such a list?

I admit I ask a lot of questions...always have and always will...as sometimes descriptions may not be that detailed and sadly I am one of these people who needs to know somethings about an item...and sometimes it just happens to be not to my liking and I then don't bid or buy.

It appears some sellers don't believe in good old fashioned customer service and I have found myself blocked from some sellers just for this reason.

Right? or wrong?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

@onecooljazzdogwrote:

Had a seller respond to me when I asked if they would be relisting an item that did not sell at auction and if they did would they do it as a buy it now...their reply was.....

"No, as you are on the list of eBay "nuisance buyers" who waste sellers time without buying anything."

Does anybody know of such a list?

I admit I ask a lot of questions...always have and always will...as sometimes descriptions may not be that detailed and sadly I am one of these people who needs to know somethings about an item...and sometimes it just happens to be not to my liking and I then don't bid or buy.

It appears some sellers don't believe in good old fashioned customer service and I have found myself blocked from some sellers just for this reason.

Right? or wrong?

OP as you are still around .............In answer to your original question of 3 years ago.......Smiley Very Happy

There is one privately run, very well known list of problem ebay buyers. It has quite good google ratings and if you are unfortunate enough to have your name added to that particular list it will follow your internet history around for years so can be quite a public slap in the face that everyone who searches your personal name can see. I,m not a big fan of it, so will not name the list here.

I have searched your ebay id and it is not on that list. My guess is the buyer has just placed you on their own selling id " blocked buyer list ".  Not a biggy for you, there are plenty of other sellers around who will be more than happy to answer any reasonable questions and accept your payments for purchases. 

Message 41 of 48
Latest reply

@springyzone

Never mind if it is an older thread, I'm enjoying the new input.

Honest to goodness, a message woke the man twice?

Anyone who sleeps with a mobile phone next to them on the bedside table is crazy anyway, given the latest reports about phone emissions. The next room is a better option.

People are entitled to send messages or emails any time that suits them. Obviously no one has the right to expect an instant reply but i send emails to other countries without checking what time it is over there. A phone call is a different thing.

You reminded me of someone from Vietnam or somewhere like that who kept ringing me at 1am and 2am and also sending texts.  I rarely used my mobile phone and used to forget to turn it off.  I couldn't understand a word of what they said and couldn't get through to them so after umpteen calls I eventually said I'd call the police.  I was pretty sure that was one word they'd understand and I was right - never heard from them again!

Message 42 of 48
Latest reply

Whoever runs that list could be subject to serious charges of libel/defamation!

When things get bad enough to check all my buyers against that list before I post anything, I think it'll be time to pack up shop! Not that I know what the list is, nor do I particularly want to know.
Message 43 of 48
Latest reply

Was trying to relate your message to what I was on about...did I miss something somewhere & What's your party list about??????

So lucky & blessed not to have any kids, don't own a 24/7 Dumbdown phone myself.....and hopefully never will.

Enough here I am losing out on valuable scouring time over ebay to see what else may catch my attention for my collection.

Message 44 of 48
Latest reply

@onecooljazzdogwrote:

Was trying to relate your message to what I was on about...did I miss something somewhere & What's your party list about??????

So lucky & blessed not to have any kids, don't own a 24/7 Dumbdown phone myself.....and hopefully never will.

Enough here I am losing out on valuable scouring time over ebay to see what else may catch my attention for my collection.

onecooljazzdog,  My comments where not really directed at you in particular and where just meant as general discussion on the thread you started. I only directed to them to your id as you where the OP and I didnt want anyone else thinking they related to them.........Nothing personal.....Smiley Happy

" The party list " or " blocked buyer list " is an ebay function that allows sellers to block buyers from sending them messages or buying their products. Basically if a seller does not want to trade with a buyer they block them, or add their name to the party list. ( and no you are not on mine. I dont have any problems with answering genuine questions from buyers including queries on pricing or postage costs ).......Smiley Happy

Some sellers who sell similar items can exchange details of problems they have with individual buyers in private discussions and exchange names for the " party list " but again I have not bothered going down that path and even when it does occur the effect would be microscopic on the whole ebay platform.

This is nothing to do with the other privately run site mentioned in response to your enquiry from 3 years ago. That site has been around for years, has an extensive list of ebay buyers and rates relativly highly in the google search function. It has enough critical mass of names and regular searches to come up close to the top of a google search, if searches of specific id's or private names are made. It was started when the internet was the complete wild west and no rules applied to either the internet OR ebay. Angry sellers would make defamatory statements about buyers and some buyers would leave equally angry responses. It had some use years ago as sellers would jointly approach ebay if repeat offending buyers tried to scam on a regular basis, but it was ( and is )  pretty awful really. Any need there may have been for the site is long gone as ebay have taken some steps at least to clean up and regulate thier platform.

As Rabbit mentioned, things have changed and defamation laws are slowly being introduced and enforced on the internet. Many of the sellers who posted angry vents about buyers several years ago could now find themselves open to legal defamation claims. I,m not a big fan of the site and have never posted on it. Hence the reason why I have not mentioned its name here.

Message 45 of 48
Latest reply

@onecooljazzdogwrote:

Theonly reason I asked about cheaper post was the only quote given was for tracked and signature required...I was just curious if normal "Air mail" was an option.

We are talking about a book that was only 15 UK pounds and the postage quoted was going to be 14 UK pounds.

I would have paid it...but just wanted to know if there was a cheaper option.

I understand your reasoning but I think for quite a few sellers, if they are posting things that are worth more than a dollar or two, they will want it with tracking etc for their own security. A request by a buyer to have it sent untracked might sound like a bit of a risk to them, especially if it is going overseas. That's why they might knock back that option, I think.

Message 46 of 48
Latest reply

@chameleon54wrote:

EXAMPLE OF A MESSAGE  THAT GETS AN INSTANT INVITATION TO THE PARTY LIST !!!

You gotta laugh sometimes...... Got this message earlier in the week, copied word for word

"Your price for this item is far too expensive. Better check what they are really worth..... ( link to an off ebay site ) "

So I click on the site and it takes me to a well known traders website which offers reproductions of original collectable items.  Mine is a super rare, museum quality piece in excellent condition. The website is selling a very cheap, poor quality copy of the original.....Smiley Very Happy

Needless to say the questioner has joined my rapidly growing list of dipstick buyers.

AND just to cap it all off I have had a genuine enquiry on the item and are negotiating with the potential international buyer now..... ( no not related to the dipstick questioner.... after years of selling you can tell sometimes. )

Wheres those dancing gifs when you need them......Just sold today for full price today

Message 47 of 48
Latest reply

dancing smileys.gif

This do, chameleon?

Message 48 of 48
Latest reply