Hi Ebayer. Look I purchased a reputable brand of shoes Which when received perished under me.

Hi Ebayer. I have to put it out there, that I purchased a reputable brand of shoes from a seller in USA called REMOVED. When the shoes arrived I put them on and went to work when all of a sudden the shoes just disintegrated from under me. I mean just perished into small fine particles. I contacted the seller who has accused me of damaging the shoes when all I did was put the on and walk. I sent photos and the seller saids that the shoes in the photo were probably not the ones sent. This seller is unbelievable and have opened a dispute through EBay for a resolution. Please Ebayers. Keep this seller in mind and be wary of their antics as they are out to rip off buyers by their shonky products. Thanks guys....Happy Ebay purchasing.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Hi Ebayer. Look I purchased a reputable brand of shoes Which when received perished under me.

@enigmabear wrote:

I know, but the OP's post (to me) reads the seller was aware the shoes were 'shonky' and sells shonky goods

So I was curious as to if it was the issue which seems to be becoming and more common among what were once brands of high quality or if the shoes in question actually turned out to be fake /knock offs of a high quality brand 

I can see absolutely nothing in the OP's post that indicates the seller was aware there was a problem with the shoes.  It sounded to me as though the seller thought they were being falsely accused and that the buyer must have taken a picture of a different pair of shoes in order to get a new pair of shoes for free.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Hi Ebayer. Look I purchased a reputable brand of shoes Which when received perished under me.

From the OP

Please Ebayers. Keep this seller in mind and be wary of their antics as they are out to rip off buyers by their shonky products

Certainly says to me the OP believes the seller was aware the shoes were faulty or highly likely to be so (for whatever reason) and given they warn people not to buy from the seller that the believe the seller intends to do the same kind of thing again in future

Not that anyone knows who said seller is,so rather pointless

But in any case, my original ponder as to if the seller sent the real brand that were faulty/poorly made (whatever one wants to call it) or if by shonky they mean fake was that if they did indeed mean shonky in that way, if it were me, I would have also contacted the maker of the shoes with the photos

In my opinion a better way to alert people to the seller's 'antics' instead of warning a few people who read here about an unknown seller 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I had exactly the same thing happen to a pair of sandals a few months ago. I had bought them a couple of years previously from a store that was closing. wore them for the first time and by the second hour, when I sat down at my computer, I looked down and saw bits crumbling from the side and the soles had both split across.

I was horrified and so glad I hadn't worn them when i was going out for the day!

I've put it down to deterioration with age as they were a very good brand but maybe they had been stored a while in the shop.

It sounds to me as if the seller in this case doubts the evidence and suspects you've switched goods, which to be fair, we know does seem to happen sometimes with some clothing items.

But you're genuine so just press on with your claim and I think you would have every chance of winning.

Not much use warning anyone here of the actual seller, only a small group here and a long shot any of us would be buying from the exact same person.

Better to just put some details in your feedback.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

I was looking in a shoe box the other day (not because of this thread) and saw the care instructions on a pair of expensive Ziera shoes.

To quote:

Many Ziera soles are made of polyurethane (PU) which is ideal for comfort and flexibility. Millions of tiny air bubbles form within a PU sole to give unbeatable shock absorption.

An inherent feature of PU is that it doesn't like damp or confined spaces. So don't shut your shoes away and keep them for 'best'. Infrequent wear, ironically, may shorten their life!

So yes, they freely admit that if you don't wear your shoes for a while or if you keep them in a shoe box or other confined space, the soles aren't going to last. I honestly don't know why they use PU if it has this problem. I don't believe it's all about the cushioning and comfort. I just wish they'd go back to leather soles!!!

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

[...]

I honestly don't know why they use PU if it has this problem. I don't believe it's all about the cushioning and comfort. I just wish they'd go back to leather soles!!!

AMEN!

I am concerned about the use of petrochemicals worldwide. What is the sense in using non-biodegradable products derived from petrochemicals as a substitute for leather? It sickens me; I will not (if I can help it) buy shoes which contain synthetic components.

Spoiler
(I bought my last pair of running shoes locally, before my concern about sustainability really hit home in terms of running shoes. It hadn't really registered that the soles of the great majority of such shoes would be formed from petrochemical products. After a more-or-less Damascene moment about it, I researched... and found Veja. My next pair of running shoes will be their Esplar leather extra white natural pekin or their V-12 B-mesh white pekin. But I'll only buy them once my current running shoes have perished, and so far there's no sign of that. Note to self: must run more to kill them. Kill! Kill! Kill!)
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Leather soles also mean we have contact with the earth, which is good for our health, so they're a winner all round. I don't know why we need shock absorption when we have none barefoot. Unfortunately, I have serious foot problems and can't go barefoot much, and there are very few shoes that don't make my feet worse.

I worked for a boss who was a greenie to the back teeth about 30 years ago but I thought she was a bit of a hypocrite. She wouldn't wear anything leather because it came from animals and she was an animal liberationist, but synthetic materials are bad for the environment and don't last as long. We worked in an industry that generated huge amounts of waste paper and no amount of recycling can excuse the initial waste. How much pollution is caused by the recycling?
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

There are some wonderful initiatives whereby waste products are used to generate power.

Plastics can in many cases be recycled (if the technology to do so is in place).

Those are two things that I passionately believe are important - because we already have such staggering amounts of waste and non-biodegradables that we must deal with those. It's already bad for our planet; we already know all too vividly of the deadly cost of plastics in our oceans. Bio-ethically-responsible recycling is a must, and doing so without incurring still further waste is important.

In the meantime we must (in my opinion) focus on ongoing responsible use of the earth's resources, where there is no additional waste and no additional production of biochemical products. All of the pluses for synthetic this and that do not add up to a convincing equation for laying waste to our unique planet. I am aware of CSIRO's project to develop a cotton that is wrinkle resistant (details here); there are also various researches and studies into improving silk yield (which will make silk more universally affordable and improve demand). There is nothing to beat natural fibres, natural textiles...

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply