Hi, I have received a request from the seller to request EBay for a refund. Item113243610387.

mballaam
Community Member

How do I do that ?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, I have received a request from the seller to request EBay for a refund. Item113243610387.

That would depend on the circumstances.

Does the seller want you to cancel?

Has the item not been received?

Is there a problem with an item?

Those are the most common reasons, and the protocols for resolving each one are different.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You purchased on 29 October. And the seller ended the listing, due to an error, the same day.

Delivery was up to 38 days - 6 December. It is now 32 days past that, so you have no recourse through eBay.

If you didn't get your item, what were the circumstances of this? Did you contact the seller? Did the seller provide proof of postage?

The seller can issue a refund at any time they choose. I suspect they have strung you along until the eBay Money Back Guarantee period has expired.

You won't be able to open a dispute with eBay now. You can try through Paypal, but if they have proof of postage you will lose. If you funded the payment with a credit card, you could try a chargeback through your bank.

I think you will just have to write the $10.99 off to experience. And make sure in future, especially if buying from a Chinese seller, not to allow a seller to string you along past eBay's time limits.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

eBay don't provide refunds to buyers, as much as they get money back from the seller in order to refund (in most cases, anyway), so it sounds like your seller is advising you to open a request through eBay.

But... Having looked at the listing for the item, I can see that it was sold on the 29th of October; which would generally mean it is well past the timeframe for an eBay request (they can only be opened up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date that was provided with the purchase, so unless the seller had a longer than normal handling / delivery time, it's unlikely the eBay option is still available - if that is the case, the seller would know that, so they may be attempting to send you on a wild goose chase). 

If you paid via PayPal, you could still open a dispute through them, if the item is not as described, or never arrived. If it's a "not as described" case, just be aware that you will generally be required to send the item back to the seller via tracked postage (not cheap, more than the item price, since the seller is located in Hong Kong). You might be able to get around that by signing up to PayPal's refunded returns scheme though, as they will cover return postage costs up to $45, a few times a year (from memory). 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Go to PayPal and sign up for their free returns then open a case to get a refund.

image host
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply