Hi I want to dispute a faulty item I purchased end of last year which I have only just discovered

I bought yardley polaire London from seller <Removed> for AU $381.30 and the cream tubes in each one of the 10 packs is watery and cannot used. I have communicated with the seller on this and after requesting details the seller went quiet and did not organise a refund or a replacement. I cannot find a link to dispute this transaction with EBAY, nor can I find the listing of the purchased item when I go through the dispute resolution center. 
As a clear breach of customer satisfaction due to not meeting product description, how can I get this issue resolved please?

Thanks,

Ayanthi

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi I want to dispute a faulty item I purchased end of last year which I have only just discovered

If you paid via PayPal.

You have 30 days from last estimated delivery date for a case in eBay.

And you have 180 days in PayPal.

So log into PP and see if you still have time there but it looks like you have missed both deadlines.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

You can't. You've left it too long I'm afraid. There is no breach of customer satisfaction and the seller is under no obligation to refund or replace after all this time. How does the seller know that you haven't been storing it on the dashboard of your car in full sun?

As Kopes said, you could try PayPal. Even if they did allow a dispute, the chances of winning a SNAD after this long is extremely low. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

That would be disappointing. I don't know the product. Could shaking the tube help at all?

I guess the lesson to be learnt is that if you buy something, you need to open at least part of it to check it out, rather than leaving it for 6 months. Even if you bought from a real shop, I wouldn't like your chances of a refund after having had the product in your home for that long. A lot of cosmetics need to be stored below 30c, which you may have done, but sellers wouldn't be sure how it had been stored.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I suppose o should’ve mentioned that I did not leave 10 packs of cream and perfume packs sitting on the dash board of the Sun under the hot Sun. The point is this. There is no peace of mind despite buying from an “Australian” seller and going via eBay and paying by PayPal. I realised the issue moments after the package arrived, and the only crime I’ve committed is to have left it for so long. Some of us have a few other things in life - especially considering it was the summer break for us, the season which was then followed by a pandemic. But yeah, the lesson is learnt I suppose, unfortunately, there’s no place for trust - either way.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. I’ve decided to stick to the local chemist than deal with all this complexity and red tape. For the 20 years I’ve been buying from them, I’ve never had to once return for a sad situation like this.
Have a great day!
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@madonna0101 wrote:
I suppose o should’ve mentioned that I did not leave 10 packs of cream and perfume packs sitting on the dash board of the Sun under the hot Sun. The point is this. There is no peace of mind despite buying from an “Australian” seller and going via eBay and paying by PayPal. I realised the issue moments after the package arrived, and the only crime I’ve committed is to have left it for so long. Some of us have a few other things in life - especially considering it was the summer break for us, the season which was then followed by a pandemic. But yeah, the lesson is learnt I suppose, unfortunately, there’s no place for trust - either way.

There's plenty of "peace of mind" - just follow the terms of eBay's & PayPal's MBGs.

So you were on summer break, and then pandemic lock-down, but couldn't find 30 seconds to message the seller regarding the "issue" in the six months PayPal gives you? Okay...

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Nnicely summarised. What exxactly do you know about what happened in anyoe else's life?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@madonna0101 wrote:

Nnicely summarised. What exxactly do you know about what happened in anyone else's life, stupid?

Fixed that for you.

I enjoyed the irony of your insult.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Oh goody....another newbie to the boards flinging insults around because they don't like the answers they are getting.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply