High postage costs from America?

Can anybody tell me why postage is double what its used to be to purchase its from America???

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Have another look....airiha is registered in Australia.  Why would you think they are an ebay employee? And ebay do not moderate the boards.

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

Who is 'airiha'?

I checked out alriha.

and what proof do you have that ebat moderators don't check out these boards?.....because you say so?

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

Who is 'airiha'?

I checked out alriha.

and what proof do you have that ebat moderators don't check out these boards?.....because you say so?

there are rules that eBay employees must follow when posting community content i.e. on discussion boards.  These rules can be found at http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-employee.html

The ones that would apply here would be:

• When eBay company employees submit community content as members, not as employees, they must identify themselves as eBay employees and state that the content reflects their personal views and isn't written on behalf of eBay Inc.

• Content posted by eBay employees acting in an official eBay capacity will normally be identified by a different treatment from content published by members; for example, a pink bar highlighting the user ID.

Additionally, these boards are operated by Lithium (logo in bottom right corner).  eBay contract out the operation to Lithium, including moderation.  eBay employees are not employed by Lithium.

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

I believe than many US sellers profiteer with postage. It probably is high but some are way over the top as already stated.

Highly  unlikely as they  are charged FVF on the item price plus postage so it maks no difference to them if the item is cheaper  and the postage more expensive.

Remember too that they are selling under ebay's seller protection which requires proof of delivery unlike the Au Paypal protection where you only need prove postage.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

.....just did a check and could not help but notice that 'community member' alriha is based on ebay.com (USA based ebay site....not on ebay.com.au, not in Australia....) could only be an ebat moderator!?

I just clicked on alriha's listings link next to their ID on their post.  The page that loads is an eBay.com page, but this is the same when you hit any listings link on these boards.  I then clicked on their ID on that page to see their feedback page and it showed as

The way to view member pages on eBay.au is to type in ".au" after the 'ebay.com' in the URL bar and then hit 'enter'. If you do this and then look at alriha's feedback page it shows as

The differing date formats is a giveaway as to which site you are on.

Just as an aside, this thread did start in Feb  . . . . . . where is trev?

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

ref..............

"Additionally, these boards are operated by Lithium (logo in bottom right corner).  eBay contract out the operation to Lithium, including moderation.  eBay employees are not employed by Lithium....."

*wow*

and......explains a LOT!!........LOL

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

Who is 'airiha'?

I checked out alriha.

Sorry, typo...but alriha is registered in Australia.

And nobody said that ebay do not read these boards....you mentioned Moderating the boards.  That is done by Lithium.

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

If Lithium are employed by eBay........Then would that not mean eBay do monitor the boards? Other wise why employ anybody if they did not wish to keep tabs on the discussions?
Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

The operation of the boards is contracted out to Lithium by eBay.  Lithium are not employed by eBay.  There is (albeit) a technical difference.

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

Won't buy from America as posstage is so high. 

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply