How can I cancel my purchase(not payed yet)if I find out the item is fake.Can I cancel my transactio

I just find it out the item is not authentic and i want to cancel my transaction.Can i do that?I'm new ebayer and i dont know much about this regulation.Can anybody help me to give some information?Thank you very much.

Regards,

2012laszlo1220

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How can I cancel my purchase(not payed yet)if I find out the item is fake.Can I cancel my transactio

You can message the seller, give them the reasons for your request and ask them if they will send you a mutual cancellation. Maybe they will agree.

Alternatively, don't pay. Then in four days, the seller can open up an Unpaid Item Dispute which will give you a further four days to pay. If you don't pay withing that time, the sale will be cancelled, the seller will receive their fees back and you will be issued with a non paying buyer strike against your account.

I must admit to being curious as to how you know the item is a fake before you have received it? I also think it prudent to point out that the time to investigate a product is BEFORE you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase it.

Should you choose to pay, please do so by using PayPal or another safe payment method so that you at least have some recourse should the item really turn out to be fake.

Best of Luck with it.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It's illegal to sell counterfeit products. If they refuse to cancel the transaction try contacting ebay and also report them using the link below.

http://www.counterfeit.com.au/index.html

Unfortunately there are many fake designer bags on eBay - if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I must admit to being curious as to how you know the item is a fake before you have received it? I also think it prudent to point out that the time to investigate a product is BEFORE you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase it.

crikey I think anyone selling LV and Chanel bags and stacks of Tiffany jewellery is a bit of a give away.

These items are not sold brand new on ebay by anyone, the brand names don't sell that way also the very cheap price is suspicious to anyone with any knowledge of these brands.

The reason the sellers of fakes do so well is the number of people willing to give them money knowing that if it is too good to be true then it isn't true.

It comes down to greed and wanting something you can't afford so willing to buy fakes but I don't know who these buyers of fakes think they are fooling apart from themselves.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

One other thing to notice is that all the new Tiffany jewellery being sold on ebay are all packaged in the same colour bags and boxes but the real stuff from Tiffany is in a much lighter and more subtle colour packaging. When the real stuff is compared with the stuff being sold everywhere is is obvious that the common ebay colours are very crass and harsh.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can message the seller, give them the reasons for your request and ask them if they will send you a mutual cancellation. Maybe they will agree.

Alternatively, don't pay. Then in four days, the seller can open up an Unpaid Item Dispute which will give you a further four days to pay. If you don't pay withing that time, the sale will be cancelled, the seller will receive their fees back and you will be issued with a non paying buyer strike against your account.

Should you choose to pay, please do so by using PayPal or another safe payment method so that you at least have some recourse should the item really turn out to be fake.

Best of Luck with it.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It's illegal to sell counterfeit products. If they refuse to cancel the transaction try contacting ebay and also report them using the link below.

http://www.counterfeit.com.au/index.html

Unfortunately there are many fake designer bags on eBay - if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

crikey I think anyone selling LV and Chanel bags and stacks of Tiffany jewellery is a bit of a give away.

These items are not sold brand new on ebay by anyone, the brand names don't sell that way also the very cheap price is suspicious to anyone with any knowledge of these brands.

The reason the sellers of fakes do so well is the number of people willing to give them money knowing that if it is too good to be true then it isn't true.

It comes down to greed and wanting something you can't afford so willing to buy fakes but I don't know who these buyers of fakes think they are fooling apart from themselves.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

One other thing to notice is that all the new Tiffany jewellery being sold on ebay are all packaged in the same colour bags and boxes but the real stuff from Tiffany is in a much lighter and more subtle colour packaging. When the real stuff is compared with the stuff being sold everywhere is is obvious that the common ebay colours are very crass and harsh.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply