How can I discuss my purchase problems . eBay is not contactable and I need to discuss with somebody

eBay doesn't seem to care about buyers who don't use PayPal because of Internet security problems.

i have been scammed by a seller and I can't notify eBay and get advice..

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How can I discuss my purchase problems . eBay is not contactable and I need to discuss with some

Sorry but ebay clearly tell you that you have no protection if you do not pay with either Paypal or a credit card direct with the seller.

If the seller is actually located in Australia then you can report them to ACORN which will not get you your money back unless the seller is frightened into refunding with the threat of legal action. They receive thousands of complaints and unless your seller is a repeat offender the chances of it being looked into rather than just having the id flagged is very small.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Re: How can I discuss my purchase problems . eBay is not contactable and I need to discuss with some

hi Phorum_junkie, how would I be able to contact ebay resolution center for a money back refund. I have tried contacting the seller and I have been waiting 6 months for the parcel. 

It keeps on tell me that the service is down and I must contact the seller, which is not working.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Why on earth would you wait 6 months?

There is absolutely nothing you can do now to get a refund, even through paypal.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

6 months???? If it's less than 180 days you could try PayPal, but if it's longer than that I would hope you didn't spend much because you've done your dough.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

You only registered on ebay on the 1st March....you might be lucky with a paypal dispute if that is how you paid.

Do it immediately though as you only have 180 days from the date you paid.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

EBay has indeed become very hard to contact directly as it funnels all queries into a set of standard answers and provides no alternative way to contact them if none of the standard solutions fit the problem - a sort of choose from the menu or starve.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

i agree with the others here

why did you wait so long?

you should have recieved an aprox date for your item to arrive, if it didnt by that date you were able to do an 'item not recieved' claim. i usually give the seller a week or so longer.

i hope it wasnt an expensive item.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

You have indeed been scammed.

But from your original post I gather you didn't pay by paypal.

That's the bottom line-there is probably no money back guarantee for you, even if you get through to ebay to tell them your woes.

That is what I understand anyway. I haven't heard of anyone routinely getting a refund off ebay for a bank transfer or whatever.

Worth a try I suppose though.

If you can't pay via paypal then I would seriously suggest not buying on ebay or else limiting purchases to aussie sellers with a great track record, ones who obviously run a small business.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@caerwall wrote:

EBay has indeed become very hard to contact directly as it funnels all queries into a set of standard answers and provides no alternative way to contact them if none of the standard solutions fit the problem - a sort of choose from the menu or starve.

That is why I now have their phone number in my phone and call them rather than going through all the standard solutions. I wanted to call them one day and it took me forever to find their number to call. I cant remember what one it was under to get the number but I made sure I wrote it down. It always asks for a reference number to quote when you get on the phone but it doesnt matter if you dont have one. 

If you wnat the phone number let me know

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply