How do I get my money back on a item I never received and now apparently doesn't exist

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How do I get my money back on a item I never received and now apparently doesn't exist

If you purchased less than 45 days ago, open a dispute through PayPal (assuming thats how you paid)

If over 45 days and paid using a credit card, you could try a chargeback.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It could depend on what you purchased and how you paid.

Ebay have a Money Back Guarantee - worth a read

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

If you purchased less than 45 days ago, open a dispute through PayPal (assuming thats how you paid)

If over 45 days and paid using a credit card, you could try a chargeback.

Hasn't that changed now (since last year)? It is 180 days.

Either a Paypal dispute or eBay money back guarantee claim.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

jsyl8789
Community Member

Good luck with your item, I didn't receive mine or get my money back. But then I think it's Auspost at fault. I've out in a complaint to the Ombudsman, worth a try. Since our local PO got different owners, things have gone downhill.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Contact the seller first, also make sure you provided the correct postage address.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@jsyl8789 wrote:

Good luck with your item, I didn't receive mine or get my money back. But then I think it's Auspost at fault. I've out in a complaint to the Ombudsman, worth a try. Since our local PO got different owners, things have gone downhill.

Did you open a dispute in ebay or paypal to get your money back?

It makes no difference who is at fault.....you are entitled to a refund.

Why have you complained to the Ombudsman?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The seller actually opened a dispute for me but the finding was not in my favour. The reason I contacted the Ombudsman for Postal Services is because it appears Auspost is at fault. They're taking the complaint up a notch so perhaps I'll get somewhere eventually. Since the local office was taken over by new people there's been a sharp decline in service and heaps of mail being misdirected. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply