How do I report a member? I won a bid, seller said it was broken, now has relisted. Liar!

How do I report a buyer, it is really difficult to find the right department on their website.

We won a bid for a coffee table, item 292411972815, the owner said it was damaged beyond repair and couldn't sell it, and has now listed the exact same table Item 292432415175.  We've all sold items and not got the $ we were expecting, this is just dishonest.  

Ebay relies on the honesty of its seller and buyers to operate!

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

How do I report a member? I won a bid, seller said it was broken, now has relisted. Liar!

Listing ended by seller. Looks like may have relisted in error.

image host
Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

Honest mistakes do happen, it could be they relisted accidently 

Since they have ended the re-list, it would appear this is a case of an oops  rather than a liar as you so delightfully assume they must be

Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

What is striking me most in looking at the original ad is that it is listed as having postage of $28.45, yet from the description I imagine they want pick up only. Which is sort of odd as it looks to be a reasonably experienced buyer/seller on ebay. They repeated the mistake in the relist too.

If they told you it was broken, it would also seem madness to relist the same second hand table so soon as presumably you would continue looking at ads & would be pretty likely to see it. Did you query them about it at all?

I've no idea if the coffee table is really damaged or not (they did list it as very solid & it doesn't look like it would break all that easily, but then again they are in the process of moving house so there could have been an accident moving it)

Because the second ad is gone though, I don't think you have a coffee table leg to stand on as far as reporting the sellers goes. They have said it is damaged, without a current ad it is impossible to prove otherwise.

Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

@dadada251wrote:

How do I report a buyer, it is really difficult to find the right department on their website.

We won a bid for a coffee table, item 292411972815, the owner said it was damaged beyond repair and couldn't sell it, and has now listed the exact same table Item 292432415175.  We've all sold items and not got the $ we were expecting, this is just dishonest.  

Ebay relies on the honesty of its seller and buyers to operate!

Oh man! I can tell you a story just about this kind of thing where an associate of mind bid on and won a collectable vintage 1970s Hi-Fi item. He won it for $40. Usually these itemss go for over $200. Seller who was based in the UK was silent for a few days then came up with a story he dropped it on his kitchen floor.   I stepped in as my associate was the timd type. I asked the seller for the item and I would help my associate repair it. After some back and forth messaging, He said   .. ..   " I threw it in the rubbish bin and it was collected on Tuesday". Well, I rung up the local council close to his address (We got his address) and the bins were not collected on the day he said.

The story stunk from the beginning. I knew by his demeanour that he was lying.

You have my sympathy. I hope that you get some kind of satisfaction here. This kind of behavour from some sellers ruins it for all of us. Thankfully the majority of sellers are OK. Sadly there are some very verydishonest people out there selling stuff. 

Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

You rang the UK? Just to prove the seller didn't get what they thought the item was worth?

BBL

Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

No, to prove the seller was lying.

What the?    If they don't want to sell to you, they don't have to

Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

you knew the seller was making up rubbish - but you thought you'd ring the UK, ring the local council..  and then pat yourself on the back. the purpose of which was to confirm what you already knew was true? wow. 

Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Oh man! I can tell you a story just about this kind of thing where an associate of mind bid on and won a collectable vintage 1970s Hi-Fi item. He won it for $40. Usually these itemss go for over $200. Seller who was based in the UK was silent for a few days then came up with a story he dropped it on his kitchen floor.   I stepped in as my associate was the timd type. I asked the seller for the item and I would help my associate repair it. After some back and forth messaging, He said   .. ..   " I threw it in the rubbish bin and it was collected on Tuesday". Well, I rung up the local council close to his address (We got his address) and the bins were not collected on the day he said.

okay, I’ll use my own work experiences to tell a tale.

At my work there are two dumpster bins that get emptied when full.  People I work with would often bring some items from home to put in the dumpster.  My boss didn’t mind as long as it wasn’t abused.

Therefore, if I said I put something in the bin and it was emptied on Tuesday it would not be a lie . . . . . . even if you called my local council and found that my household bins are collected on Thursdays.

Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

@4channelwrote:

@dadada251

unsure  Uhhh.... Nice going, Sherlock? 

I hope you also called up every other kind of non-council rubbish removalist in the area as well, just to make sure the seller hadn't hired a skip or something. (Presumably not ncessary if they relisted it, but then you wouldn't have had to call the seller's local council if that had happened). 

Secondly, what exactly were you planning on doing with that info? Was the plan to get the seller to do something they clearly were not interested in doing, just with presenting them a surprise "Gotcha" message, or was it for an "I outsmarted you" victory speech. 

Morbidly fascinated. 

Message 10 of 61
Latest reply