How do i cancel a 'pending payment e cheque'?

Hello all,

I have an e cheque that is pending and clears on the 20th, can i cancel it now so it doesn't clear?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Are you the seller or buyer?  Why would you want to cancel?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I'm buying but have changed my mind.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

You really can't do that. I don't think you can cancel an echq as it is not a cheque persay, simply awaiting clearance to go through. In all fairness you need to contact the seller and advise them of this change of heart, and hope they are understanding. It is very bad form to just attempt to cancel without any notice to the seller.

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Why have you changed your mind?

I think you had better have the best excuse as to buy something means you have agreed to the terms and conditions of this site and legally are obliged to.

There is a process in place for you to do this and its honest and not fraud. (I hope you know that cancelling a check is fraud)

Contact the seller as a lot of them have a return policy and it would be good to let them know ASAP as they may have already posted your item, thinking they are dealing with an honest and upright person.

Also be prepared to be on a lot of black lists after asking this question.... or give the best excuse we have ever heard.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

No you cannot cancel an echeque unless there are compelling reasons like fraud in which case you would perhaps be able to puersuade Paypal to cancel it. Change of mind is not a reason. You cannot just buy and then not pay, if you do you will have strikes recorded against your account, more than one of those and you will be on many sellers blocked bidders list.

You could perhaps contact the seller and ask if they can refund you once the payment clears less enough to cover their fees and some for their wasted time and not send the item but I don't think many sellers would agree to do so.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I have had an echeque from a buyer not clear in the past. It appeared as cancelled. When I questioned Paypal as to whether the buyer had cancelled it, they advised me that buyers cannot cancel an echeque. They suggested that the reason it was cancelled was that there were insufficient funds in the buyer's bank account.

You should contact the seller, and if they have a change of mind refund policy, request a refund once they receive your payment and a mutual cancellation. It is inappropriate not to bother to advise the seller that you no longer want the item.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

At least let the seller know for crying out loud.  And offer to cover any fees they may incur or have incurred.  Was it the guitar?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Do you have the item before the echeque has even cleared?

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

In ebay-land an e-cheque is a transfer from your bank, through paypal to a seller's account.

You cannot "cancel" it once it has gone through, for obvious reasons.

You need to open a dispute for "item not as described" and go through the proper channels for getting a refund.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply