How do you feel about this buyers!!!!!!!

I have recently spent time in the sellers section and have found that its quite the norm for sellers to call their customers "stupid".

If a poor customer receives an item and its not as described, regardless how described via photo or written description, sellers often call buyers stupid.

I will not name and shame these sellers.............their comments are doing that.

If a buyer opens a dispute with the seller they are often refered to even worse names. I gather they are oblivious to the fact they are posting these comments on a public forum whare everyone can see, which leads to understand one of the reasons why customers are bypassing fleebay(as it is now commonly known).

I find that a lot of ebay sellers are their own worse enemy, very unprofessional and they are are giving ebay a very bad name. 

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

The boards are dominated by sellers, almost all the posts will side with sellers here on the boards, no matter how unreasonable the sellers are. They always take sellers side and somehow find the fault in the buyer...

"oh you should have asked the seller etc" even for the most basic and obvious common sense things.
Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I see buyers are not mature enough to have an opinion? 

Ebays poor sellers are what is letting Ebay down not vice-versa. Professional junk sellers are the problem.

Maturity doesn't have anything to do with whether or not one has an opinion, maturity is about how one chooses to express that opinion.

No one would disagree that there are sellers eBay could do without - if anyone thinks sellers don't recognise this, then they haven't given the issue full and due consideration. There might be some stupid sellers, but there are many who are intelligent and astute, and they know full well that every time a good buyer has a bad experience, the whole site suffers.

But just because someone spends money on here as a buyer, it doesn't mean all of their behaviour is excusable or acceptable. And...just because someone is offended by something, it doesn't mean they're 'right'.

If anyone was paying close enough attention to the site as a whole, they would realise the pool of good sellers is getting smaller and smaller - good sellers won't put up with neverending carp, good sellers can reach a point where they decide no amount of money is worth putting up with BS eBay policies and self-righteous buyers. Then what are you left with? Sellers who only care about the bottom line, not the actual trading partners they deal with, or much else at all. 

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I see buyers are not mature enough to have an opinion? 

Ebays poor sellers are what is letting Ebay down not vice-versa. Professional junk sellers are the problem.

I agree with you. Sadly though, the Chinese junk sellers are protected and can't be stopped. Trouble is, where there are poor sellers, there are an equal amount of poor buyers. Thankfully, all my buyers have been fabulous and can't fault them. On the rare occasion there has been an issue, they have sent a message (no dispute) and the minor problem was rectified for a satisfactory outcome. There has never been a reason for any of my buyers to open a dispute because I haven't given them a reason to.

I am the first one to tell buyers to open a dispute if the seller is digging their heels it. I don't advise that as the first option though. Contact seller first, if they refuse to work with you, then hit them with both barrels. We don't need those types of sellers on eBay because it gives the rest of us a bad name.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

"oh you should have asked the seller etc" even for the most basic and obvious common sense things"

Exactly!!  Just what grown ups do when faced with a problem - rather than run off to an authority to 'dob' on someone, they calmly discus their problem and sort it out!

Unlike some...

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

So, should ebay dictate to sellers what they are allowed to sell, or should buyers use basic commonsense when reading a listing to decide whether or not it is worth buying?

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

When I was in Paris recently I took a stroll down the Champs Elysee and every few metres there was a little man sitting on the pavement with an array of Louis Vuitton bags spread out on a blanket in front of him - all at bargain basement prices. I am neither a rocket scientist nor a brain surgeon but I still managed to twig right away that they were all junk.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

@better-investment-than-shares wrote:

I have recently spent time in the sellers section and have found that its quite the norm for sellers to call their customers "stupid".

If a poor customer receives an item and its not as described, regardless how described via photo or written description, sellers often call buyers stupid.

I will not name and shame these sellers.............their comments are doing that.

If a buyer opens a dispute with the seller they are often refered to even worse names. I gather they are oblivious to the fact they are posting these comments on a public forum whare everyone can see, which leads to understand one of the reasons why customers are bypassing fleebay(as it is now commonly known).

I find that a lot of ebay sellers are their own worse enemy, very unprofessional and they are are giving ebay a very bad name. 

And on the buyers board there are buyers who slander sellers by stating it is normal for sellers to slander buyers

..and heres one right now

there are idiots on both sides and luckily they are actually few and far between.

Most sellers who are complaining of an idiot buyer have during the same period dealt with hundreds of great buyers. As is also the case with buyers experience with sellers

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

So, should ebay dictate to sellers what they are allowed to sell, or should buyers use basic commonsense when reading a listing to decide whether or not it is worth buying?

They could put sellers with great fb at top of best match instead of the junk sellers. That would be a good start.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:
The boards are dominated by sellers, almost all the posts will side with sellers here on the boards, no matter how unreasonable the sellers are. They always take sellers side and somehow find the fault in the buyer...

"oh you should have asked the seller etc" even for the most basic and obvious common sense things.

Like you do? As a seller and buyer?

Do you understand the word 'hypocrisy'?

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

My perception of  the boardies has been different.

I go on both the buyers/sellers boards.

I used to sell  regularly(under a different name) with my sister but I am mainly a buyer now.

I would say that most of the regular boardies on the sellers board are reasonable people and often very helpful to anyone with a query.

You get all types on messageboards and yes, some will be aggressive, some will be rude, but I haven't found that the majority are.

I suppose the thing to remember is that if someone-buyer or seller- is taking the time to post a message about a personal ebay experience, more often than not it will be about a problem or something that has upset them.

I do find that some discussions create real debates but we're all individuals and won't always have the same opinions, that's normal.

Occasionally some sellers vent but often when you read the details, it can be because a buyer has been totally unreasonable. And vice versa can happen too.

If I had to say what the main complaint lately has been about on the sellers board, I would say it would be about buyers who bid then never pay or respond to messages.

You say a lot of sellers are unprofessional and giving ebay a bad name.

I have found that over the last year or two, just about all the aussie sellers I have bought from have been great.

I do think ebay itself is changing though and as i think you mentioned, there is a lot of competition elsewhere these days.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply