How to change Sponsored Listings behaviour?

🙂G'day,  I have an open question to all the awesome EBay community ppl.. 

Are account holders able to  modify the pool of Ebay's Sponsored Items and Related Items from a product listing page? ? 
    ..For Example:

I search for Items to buy close to my home in Rottnest Island, and the Sponsored / Related Items suggested by Ebay are heavily populated by International Sellers from Europe and America. It displays in local currency but has a large shipping and tax cost assosiated when viewed in detail.

I love the Ebay Suggestions, they have helped me a lot!  However, the 😭Frustration & Complications 😫I have trying to refine my searches over and over again to filter out unwanted Sponsors and Suggestions by EBay.

EBAY - PLEASE LET LET US TAILOR SPONSORED / FEATURED ITEMS TO GIVE EVERYONE A BETTER SHOPPING (c0n$um3r)  EXPERIENCE!!

When I get fed-up with your time-wasting suggestions, I go to other shopping websites, and give them all the Likes and 5-Star reviews.. Not EBay, you like to waste my time 😞  Can you please let me modify my pool of Sponsored Sellers to my GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION?? 
🐓
Thank-You, have a lovely day - and dont forget to drop a review.
- Island Bush Chook. 🐓

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sadly, there is less than zero you can do about it. No point contacting ebay because they'd just laugh at you in the live chat (even though you wouldn't see it). Once upon a time you could alter the item location to say, 100km from you and get good results, but with the Chinese scammers these days putting the location of the item under 100km from you, they still show up!

Therefore, those items are going to show under sponsored listings and whatnot, even when you add a filter. You just have to scroll over the listings that scream Chinese seller. For example, the ones that have AU seller on the main photo. Just to name one.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sadly, there is less than zero you can do about it. No point contacting ebay because they'd just laugh at you in the live chat (even though you wouldn't see it). Once upon a time you could alter the item location to say, 100km from you and get good results, but with the Chinese scammers these days putting the location of the item under 100km from you, they still show up!

Therefore, those items are going to show under sponsored listings and whatnot, even when you add a filter. You just have to scroll over the listings that scream Chinese seller. For example, the ones that have AU seller on the main photo. Just to name one.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Your post is not going to be seen by anyone from eBay, who do not read the member to member forum

eBay do not know, nor care where you shop and have zero idea if you leave or not 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Drop a review of what?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Why are you looking at sponsored sellers, rather than the listing you initially clicked?

Consumer is not a dirty word. Unfortunately ego also is not.

Stars are for the seller, not the site.

So many issues, so much lack of understanding.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

My apologies for not explaining myself clear enough for you davewil1964.

1)    I load Ebay.com.au and search for a 'Chook House Part' within 500kms of my Island. 

2)   Ebay displays results within my advanced search parameters.  🐓
3) There are three listings of Chook House Parts that are within my budget and postage codex.

4)    With my chicken-wing,  I open all 3 listings of interest to meee .

5)  On each listing above and below the item\seller\shipping information,  there will HTML Frame elements containing even more items 'Related To' OR 'Sponsored By' that also might appeal to my comsumption needs of Chookin House Parts. 🐓However -  mostly these 'featured' listings (although seems like good alternatives) they are not as they are advertised from different continents on the planet of Earth. 

Let me reiterate... these Sponsored Sellers \ Items  Feature On The Listing I Initially Clicked.

@davewil1964 wrote:

Why are you looking at sponsored sellers, rather than the listing you initially clicked?
So many issues, so much lack of understanding.

But its ok Ebay Community,  I wasnt expecting to get an answer from EBay directly - but from those of you who use it, understand it, and may be more knowledgable than myself..
🐓
A lowly Island Bush Chook.
👎

Thanks Again. You all get a Thumbs Up
🐓

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Connect with Us 

Ebay FaceBook 

Ebay on Twitter 

adriahawkin1_1-1685273529897.pngFor Media, Buyers, Sellers, and Fans in Our Other Major Markets

Stay in the know about the hottest deals on eBay in your own markets, learn about our latest offerings, and get the latest news and announcements.

eBay is located at Helvetiastrasse 15/17, 3005 Bern, Switzerland.
Depending on the region in which you reside, one of the following eBay Affiliates is responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data in connection with the provision of our Services (except payment services for sellers):

• USA: eBay Inc., 2025 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125, USA
  • Canada: eBay Canada Limited, 240 Richmond Street West, 2nd Floor Suite 02-100 Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1V6, Canada
  • EU: eBay GmbH, Albert-Einstein-Ring 2-6, 14532 Kleinmachnow, Germany
  • United Kingdom: eBay (UK) Limited, 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF, United Kingdom
  • India: eBay Singapore Services Private Limited, 10 Collyer Quay, #10-01 Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315
  • For all other countries: eBay Marketplaces GmbH, Helvetiastrasse 15/17, 3005 Bern, Switzerland
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

So, from what you have said in technicolor is that you are easily distracted.

Lose the colours and fonts and I might take you seriously. Unlikely, given your initial premise.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@adriahawkin-1 wrote:

Connect with Us 

Ebay FaceBook 

Ebay on Twitter 

adriahawkin1_1-1685273529897.pngFor Media, Buyers, Sellers, and Fans in Our Other Major Markets

Stay in the know about the hottest deals on eBay in your own markets, learn about our latest offerings, and get the latest news and announcements.

eBay is located at Helvetiastrasse 15/17, 3005 Bern, Switzerland.
Depending on the region in which you reside, one of the following eBay Affiliates is responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data in connection with the provision of our Services (except payment services for sellers):

• USA: eBay Inc., 2025 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125, USA
  • Canada: eBay Canada Limited, 240 Richmond Street West, 2nd Floor Suite 02-100 Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1V6, Canada
  • EU: eBay GmbH, Albert-Einstein-Ring 2-6, 14532 Kleinmachnow, Germany
  • United Kingdom: eBay (UK) Limited, 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF, United Kingdom
  • India: eBay Singapore Services Private Limited, 10 Collyer Quay, #10-01 Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315
  • For all other countries: eBay Marketplaces GmbH, Helvetiastrasse 15/17, 3005 Bern, Switzerland

What has that got to do with my reply to your post?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Yea sure thing Dave, technically I can't loose the fonts - but as to not trigger you and your clique any further, this final post shall Black & White.

I appreciate your honesty

Take Care.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply