How to undo a refund that I got from a seller??

Hi, I need some help. I bought a DVD from a US seller. After waiting over a month, I opened a dispute and ended up getting a refund (automatically from ebay). Seller never responded, so I left negative feedback. Now, after about 6 weeks, the item shows up. So I now need to basically undo everything I've done. I have no idea how to go about this - can someone walk me through the steps? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to undo a refund that I got from a seller??

Contact the seller and let him know the DVD arrived and that you want to repay for it. Then, you can resend the payment via PayPal. His PayPal email address will be in the transaction, so send it to that address as a payment. Ask him for a feedback revision and you can then change your feedback to positive. If he doesn't send a feedback revision request, you can either leave a reply to the negative you left or just let it go.

Changing the feedback won't remove the defects he got for the transaction.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Given that the seller is a high feedback member with quite a few negs, he may not worry about sending a revision.

I meant to commend you earlier on wanting to repay. Many people would just keep it and not say anything. Nice to know there are still some decent people on the earth that have a conscience.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

When this happened to me (item from UK), I advised the seller that it'd eventually arrived after all & asked how they'd like me to send payment. They replied saying pls don't worry about payment now, but perhaps I'd like to buy something else from their store.

So I bought another item of similar value, which was really more of a win for me than the seller, but they were happy with that & so was I.

See what they say, a high volume seller might not be bothered with this at all but at least you've tried.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I don't think the seller is even going to read my message because they'll probably just assume that it's another complaint. I wish there was an easier way of doing this through ebay itself - by just clicking on a link to reverse the claim. I don't feel right about keeping something that I haven't paid for.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Just repay the seller through paypal with an explanantion as a message on the payment,

Even if they do not notice the payment and respond you know you have done the right thing.

You could also message the seller.....even if they ignore you because they think you are complaining, you know you have done the right thing.

There is really no need to make a big thing of this....just repay the seller and know you have done the right thing.  The seller has probably forgotten all about the transaction by now, especially if they have a high turnover.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply