I asked <Removed> if their torch had a warranty, if so, what was it?

donaldo111
Community Member

Hi ebay,

My request for an answer was totally ignored by <Removed> as ALL my dealings with them have in the past. How can they get away with this? we are asked to be respectful to them while they treat you like a bit of dirt ignoring me, lieing to me and when they did answer me in the begining. They took my ($88.25) and have no intentions of giving me a new torch in place of the DUD they sent me or my money back. PayPal was no help placing all the blame on me all the while making out <Removed>  was as white as snow. When people lie and are underhanded to me I do not expect to be blamed for what THEY did, but PayPal seems to think it is fine and it is all my fault. But they think everything can be fixed if I fill in all their paperwork, send the torch to <Removed>  in China at a cost of MORE than the torch was worth, and, to do it right away as I am running out of time, 6 days would never be long enough but paypal seems to think it is. I know now to stick to buying local where one can SEE and TALK to the person and pay in cash and get a WARRANTY. Do have a great day.

donald111

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Not ebay here

Members exactly like yourself. Ebay staff do not read here

If you want to contact ebay, you need to do so by using the help and contact tab at the bottom of any page

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

You're never going to get an enforcable warranty from an overseas seller, so any reply you got would have been, at best, shading the truth. As you already knew from prior experience you weren't going to get an answer, why ask? Why keep buying from them? There's a saying about doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Yes, buy local. There is no point in supporting the Chinese economy any more than necessary. Buy here, and you actually help somebody keep their job.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Did you actually open an item not as described dispute in either eBay or PayPal? Or are you just sending back on instruction from the seller. If you'd opened a dispute through eBay, often they will refund without you having to send back if the postage costs are obscene.

Stick to buying local. The only time I'd spend more than $5 on a Chinese torch would be to buy another Fenix. It was designed and produced by 2 Chinese chaps who were sick to death of only being about to buy rubbish. These things can be run over by a train and still work.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I purchased a really nice one for 50 cents from my local op shop last week ( true ) and didnt have to worry about sending it back to China if it did'nt work.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

The only reason I buy anything from china is because even at a 150% markup I can resell locally and still beat the prices of the local retailers.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Sad but true, Australians are the greediest people I have ever come across, take homes, why do people buy a house for $1,000,000 or a 1930 unit for $900,000. it is called greed they are told they can make money from renters, who by the way suffer from people being greedy. The same torch I bought at $88,25 sells for hundreds of dollars by people like you and the local retailers. But local retailers pay greedy landlords big money and the wheel keeps turning, it matters little how much suffering they are causing to people and the children or how many people are living on the street. 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Feel free to tell us how greedy Australians are.....don't hold back.

What is your opinion of people who live in $1.5 million houses which they have lived in for nearly 50 years and bought for $25,000.

It is hardly our fault that values have gone through the roof.

You are treading on toes by making generalised statements about greedy Australians....you know nothing about most of us.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

They have a brain I would do the same, stay put. I don't want $1.5 million and what do you think I should do? I sold my home to help my sons learning, he has never spoken to me for years since. I now rent and have had to move 18-28 times in the last 45 years.

It is your greed that has sent the prices up, real estate agents premote greed and rely on your greed to push prices up.

Well not all, most of them, Australians have helped me, like given me a lift when I didn't have a car, no one has ever given me a roof over my head when I needed it, yet I have given what you would call bums a place to stay while they clean up and rest a day or two.I must admit your generous with charity, but then it is mostly a few bucks, nothing to break the bank.

I take it you haven't had to buy food or cloths or anything else for yourself, if you did, you would have to agree most shops want big bucks for rubbish. A haircut for me has gone up 10 to 15 dollars and is now costing me 20 to 25 bucks from $12 to $25, I call that greed, my pension has not gone up, but I am greatful for what I get, thank god I don't earn 12 shillings and six pence, and when I bought my home on land for $11,000 I was earning $27 a week just a little over the cost of a haircut. I love you all and know enough to know and enjoy your humor, 'she'll be right' worries me as there are some nasty governments slowly killing us all. your answer that is always, 'she'll be right' Wake up to what is going on and start to do smething to stop it, it is nearly too late now..

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal has said you're treading on members toes, I would go furthur and suggest you are treading on very thin ice with your accusations against members that you know nothing about.

Give it a rest, your rants aren't helping anything at all.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply