I bought an item and paid for it immediately after I check out, but no postage, no refund

ka_91710
Community Member

as title, and i can't seems to contact eBay for help

the item was bought on the 8th Nov, what can it do? thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I bought an item and paid for it immediately after I check out, but no postage, no refund

When was the estimated delivery? You have 30 days since the last day of the ED to open an eBay case.

After that, if you used PayPal to pay, you can open a PayPal case (you have 180 days since the date of purchase).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You won't get a refund unless there is a case opened and the seller cannot provide tracking. You need to be proactive about your purchases and your money.

Please go and read the Buyers Help section as it provides all the information you need about what to do when things go wrong.

You don't need to contact Ebay for help - what you do need to do is formalise the issue by opening a dispute. 

Just read the pertinent information and open a case for Not Received if you're still within the 30 days from last estimated date of delivery. 

Or try Paypal if you are out of time.

Did you scrutinise the sellers feedback for any red flags or issues before purchasing?

What is the item number?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Doubtful on the last point

Both their feedbacks as a buyer  come from sellers in China who have poor feedback

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@ka_91710,

Check in your purchase history to see the latest EDD.

Estimated Delivery Date within 30 calendar days Estimated Delivery Date more than 30 calendar days ago, but transaction date no more than 180 calendar days ago
You can open a case in eBay. This is the preferred option. 

You can no longer open a case in eBay. You can open a case in PayPal. Note: you can also try a chargeback if you prefer (but don't open a PayPal dispute and a chargeback at the same time; your PayPal dispute will immediately close in that case). Timeframe for chargeback: up to 6 months but often less. Check your card issuer's T&Cs.

REQUEST FOR REFUND _new-link.gif Open PayPal dispute in PayPal's Resolution Centre    _new-link.gif

Seller has 3 business days to respond/resolve the issue.

Seller may ask you to wait a little longer, esp. if tracking shows delivery is imminent.

Seller should offer you the full refund - either immediately, or before case is automatically closed. Don't leave it until the last minute.

If seller fails to respond, or if the seller's response does not include issuing you full refund, you can ask eBay to step in.

Timeframe: from 3 business days after opening the case, and absolutely no later than 21 calendar days after opening case.

If you do not ask eBay to step in within that timeframe, your case will automatically close without you being refunded.
Don't close the case before the seller issues full refund. (You cannot re-open the case once it's closed.)

ASK EBAY TO STEP IN  _new-link.gif

If seller does not provide full refund within 20 calendar days of your opening the dispute, you must escalate the dispute to a claim. (If you do not do this, the dispute will automatically close without refund. It cannot be re-opened.)

Don't close the dispute before seller issues full refund.

POINTS TO BEAR IN MIND:

• Read through the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy Help page for the Money Back Guarantee T&Cs, including timeframes.
  • Never open a PayPal dispute before opening an eBay case if you're within the MBG timeframe. You can open a PayPal dispute after an unsuccessful eBay case, but you can't open an eBay case if you previously opened a PayPal dispute.
  • Never miss a deadline within the required timeframes. Cases and disputes with eBay and PayPal are bot-driven, and there is literally no leeway whatsoever. Give yourself at least a few days' grace by acting before the last moment.
  • Provide any evidence asked for ASAP, and do so within the eBay request/report or PayPal dispute/claim, as required.
  • Do not accept a partial refund for an item that hasn't arrived. You are entitled to the full refund for an INR, including postage.
  • Keep your communications within the request/report/case/dispute/claim so that there is a clear record. (eBay messages will also be taken into account but it's cleaner and easier to keep everything in the dispute itself.)
  • eBay requires sellers to provide proof of delivery. This is in contrast to PayPal; PayPal require sellers to provide proof of shipment (or proof of delivery, which includes online and verifiable tracking number, date of shipment, official acceptance by the shipper (postmark or online status), address for recipient showing at least city/state, city/country, or postcode, or receipt from AP showing at least state, city and suburb). If the item went missing after being accepted by the carrier, you may have a fight on your hands with a PayPal claim. Any refund - if seller can prove shipment with the necessary evidence - would be at PayPal's discretion.

EDD = Estimated Delivery Date.

Latest EDD = latest date by which you should have received your item.

Transaction date = date on which you made your payment for the item.

INR = Item Not Received.

MBG = eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Case / Dispute / Request / Report / Refund Request: all mean the same thing on eBay.

Ask eBay to step in = eBay's automatic bot-driven refund process is set in motion. Outcome depends on several things, most importantly whether or not the seller has proof of delivery.

Business days vs calendar days: when eBay policy specifies "business days", they mean (of course) that the number of days doesn't include weekends or public holidays. When eBay policy just says "days", they mean calendar days, not business days. This can be confusing when "business days" and "days" are used in the same discussion of dispute timeframes.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply