Click and Collect ....First Time....Never Again!!

Thought I'd give Click and Collect a go.... Never again.

got not sense from the seller. Opened a dispute for not received. Seller said to wait more days, it's already past the due delivery. I asked  the seller twice did you send the parcel to my home address or via Click and Collect as requested. All they respond with is the tracking number which tells me nothing.   4 days later seller responds to dispute..."Item has been delivered 12/8, please close the dispute"

I responded that I have not received the item. I have also not received the confirmation email or SMS needed to collect the parcel. So I head to Woolworths, printed a copy of the Order details, but this was of no use, it didn't have the info they need and they could not find the parcel. So after 30 mins of waiting and mucking around I left. 

I emailed eBay 2 days ago advising that I have not received my parcel and have not received the confirmation email (which Woolworths told me they need as it has a barcode they need to scan).

today I get a response to say they will look into it and to give the Store a ring and see if they can locate the parcel. I ring the store and after 20 minutes waiting on the phone, they come back with "they do not have the parcel".

So it's now 25th Aug and I have no item. I hope eBay don't decide to refuse to refund based on the following ..... given that I never received the unique code required to collect the damn thing 

"You must collect your item within seven days. Uncollected items aren't covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee"

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I received an eBay message today titled "Welcome to Click and Collect " and stated that "You've got listings that qualify for Click & Collect ".  Only problem is that I don't have any listings and haven't had since June!

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

So sorry to read the Op has been going round and round in circles, but this is exactly the reason I did not want to sign up for "Click And Collect"

According to E-Bay's Promotion Department "Click And Collect" is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but try and sort something out between E-Bay/Woolworth and heaven forbid Australia Post and you have a recipe for disaster !

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at the best of times within E-Bay itself and then add Woolworth and possibly Australia Post, so what hope does one have to get this one sorted out and of course no one is taking responsibilty - E-bay says see Woolworth; Woolworth says see E-Bay and the question still remains where did Australia post deliver the Ops item to in the first place - Where does one start ????

It is obvious from the above that the more our sales get out sourced to third parties and the more E-Bay interferes in our listings and postage methods - the more things can go wrong.

It is simply a matter of too many cooks spoil the broth !!

Hope the Op insists with the "item not received" dispute and gets refunded in full.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

I opted out of "Click & Collect" @ the first opportunity. 

Apart from the fact that I don't want ebay to tell me how I should send my parcels, I had an interesting experience early one morning at my local Westfield Woolies... About 8am I went to the service counter for help with a grocery item that wouldn't scan in self checkout. The centre was not yet fully open for business.

Anyway.... The poor woman there was falling over large & small parcels stacked up behind the area & in her walkway. OH&S hazard right there! (& why were the parcels there @ that time?) - the PO is about 100m away in the same centre & they weren't open @ that time of day. which begs me to ask how long they had sat there & who could have helped themselves to the pile over the night shift?

Thank heavens I didn't ask to purchase cigarettes, mobile phones, or any of the other items she couldn't get to there at the counter.

Now 2 weeks prior to this I was given a very nice "Click & Collect" brochure @ the same store. From memory there were assurances that the parcels would be stored securely & etc. I think not! - In light of my observations that morning I think the OP has been very patient & is justified in having grievances with the whole process!

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

@annieoakley2000 wrote:

Hope the Op insists with the "item not received" dispute and gets refunded in full.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if tracking shows that it's been delivered, then it's deemed delivered to the buyer. If Woollies loses it or it gets stolen, tough bananas. 

I can't remember if the OP mentioned if the tracking showed as delivered or not. If it doesn't then they should be able to lodge an INR.

I knew there was a reason I opted out as soon as I was opted in!

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

From what I read in the post I think the Op said the seller stated the item was delivered 12/8, but the Op never received the code for collecting the parcel to begin with, so who delivered what/where and  the question arises who do you chase this up with ?????

Where does one stand in this maze of Click & Collect - is E-Bay the agent for Woolworth or is Woolworth the agent for E-Bay; is E-Bay the agent for Australia Post or is Australia Post the agent for E-Bay.; is Woolworth the agent for Australia post or is Australia Post the agent for Woolworth or are they all agents of each other or none of the above ........

My guess is the big losers will be the buyer and the seller and E-Bay/Woolworth/Australia Post will just carry on as usual ......

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but if tracking shows that it's been delivered, then it's deemed delivered to the buyer. If Woollies loses it or it gets stolen, tough bananas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If that is the case than this whole Click and Collect concept sucks even more than I originally thought and I thought it sucked from the minute E-Bay tried to convince me what a wonderful idea it was !!

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

I have been offering click and collect as a seller since it was being trialled and apart from one mix up in the very first week every other transaction has gone through smoothly.

I have also used click and collect as a buyer without any problems.

When the parcel arrives at the store the buyer is emailed a collection code directly to the email address, through the ebay message system and if a mobile number is provided the code is sent as a text message to their mobile phone. 

At the same time the status on ebay changes to something like - waiting to be picked up.

Once the parcel is picked up the status on ebay changes to show it has been collected.

If the buyer didn't receive a code then either their  details are incorrect, the parcel didn't arrive at the store (the OP doesn't actually say whether or not they checked the tracking themselves) or if arrived and they didn't receive a code then the code was never sent.

Ebay can see if a code has been sent so if a parcel is lost within the Woolies/Big W system and the parcel has tracking on it they will be able to see no collection code has been generated so they will know the parcel has gone astray.

I have heard of a couple of times from other sellers where buyers have had problems and ebay themselves have got in contact with the store to locate the parcel and each time it was found at the store.

Ebay are keen to have the click and collect system work so they are more than willing to help out with something goes wrong.

Like every system there are going to be an occasional problem but that is no different to AP or couriers losing the occasional parcel.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Considering your reply and personal experiences with Click and Collect - I'll be curious to know how the Ops "Click and Collect" saga is going to work out.

I still would not want so many outsiders like E-Bay/Woolworth/Australia Post have a hand in the way I post items to my buyers (other than of course Australia Post, but not as part of the three way "Click and Collect" combination) I'd rather keep things as simple as possible if I can help it !

I still like to know however "where the buck stops" when things don't work out; what redress do either a buyer or seller have when they have fullfilled their part of the contract and the stuff up is with either Woolworth and/or Australia Post .......

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

On 2nd thought, I don't think Woolworth can say "bad luck" if they lost a parcel.

They would have a contractual obligation to deliver; the only thing I can't work out who their contractual obligation is supposed to be with - is it with the Seller, the buyer, E-Bay or Australia Post ?????

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply