Click and Collect ....First Time....Never Again!!

Thought I'd give Click and Collect a go.... Never again.

got not sense from the seller. Opened a dispute for not received. Seller said to wait more days, it's already past the due delivery. I asked  the seller twice did you send the parcel to my home address or via Click and Collect as requested. All they respond with is the tracking number which tells me nothing.   4 days later seller responds to dispute..."Item has been delivered 12/8, please close the dispute"

I responded that I have not received the item. I have also not received the confirmation email or SMS needed to collect the parcel. So I head to Woolworths, printed a copy of the Order details, but this was of no use, it didn't have the info they need and they could not find the parcel. So after 30 mins of waiting and mucking around I left. 

I emailed eBay 2 days ago advising that I have not received my parcel and have not received the confirmation email (which Woolworths told me they need as it has a barcode they need to scan).

today I get a response to say they will look into it and to give the Store a ring and see if they can locate the parcel. I ring the store and after 20 minutes waiting on the phone, they come back with "they do not have the parcel".

So it's now 25th Aug and I have no item. I hope eBay don't decide to refuse to refund based on the following ..... given that I never received the unique code required to collect the damn thing 

"You must collect your item within seven days. Uncollected items aren't covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee"

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
I'm 150km away from a post office and a woolies.

So C&C from Woolies doesn't work for you. Don't select it.

I don't see the benefit. With parcel lockers etc post offices can "deliver" 24/7.

It would seem that this alternative wouldn't work for you, either, so I fail to see what your point is

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

Parcel lockers are only available in city areas. Apparently everyone else don'tget parcels delivered. That said, I'd never use parcel collect. You can't trust them not to lose a lay by,  they're going to worry less about other stuff.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

tonywas
Community Member
I thought click and collect from big W would be quick and easy. I ordered a new phone for my daughters birthday. The parcel was dispatched by express post. Austpost tracking says its awaiting collection at the post office. Big W hasn't got it, I can't collect it from the PO. EBay support says its being redirected. I could have had the item yesterday around 12pm if I just collected it from my local PO. Now I'm expected to wait another 48 hours to reach Big W 500m down the road. Beware of click and collect.
Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

So the seller sent it to your street address instead of to your preferred C & C address.....hardly ebay's fault.

Why didn't you collect it from the PO when you knew it was there?

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

Australia post delivered at 11am thursday, 4pm friday still no message from ebay to pickup

So i rang the woolworths store, 'no there are no extra packages that we haven't registered'

Rang back later, they said 'oh yes, we have it here'

So on attendance at the store i was able to pickup the item

I still haven't received confirmation of the item being available

Will probably not use this service again.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

I ordered a phone case and decided to try Woolworths c&c. After about two weeks waiting (on estimated delivery time of 10 days) I contacted seller, who was very helpful and promised to follow it up. He later advised that the item had been resent, so I waited a further ten days after seller advised that item had been sent. Again it failed to arrive. No email from Woolworths has ever been recieived by me to this day. The seller eventually sent a third case to my private PO Box and I received it promptly. No suprise that I will not be using Woolworths C&C again! 

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

I'd be more concerned as the seller. 3 cases for the price of 1. Presumably untracked, which could well be why there were no notifications.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

Chinese seller.

I'm betting the first 2 weren't posted.

Negs back up that theory

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

Luckily I've had only good experiences with click & collect. As a buyer, I've collected about 7 parcels from Big W and it's been hassle-free. I chose to collect as opposed to normal post as the timeframe was a bit urgent and I knew I'd be able to get it by a certain day.

I live in a high rise building and the mail gets sorted, which causes a one day delay. Then if the mail man leaves a card, it's not until the next day that I get it, so it's then the NEXT day I can go to collect it at the post office.

As a seller, I only ever see the CnC thingo when someone has chosen that option. So I address the parcel accordingly, being extra careful with the string of numbers.
Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

I have the same problem, the item was delivered to the store two weeks ago and the store knows nothing about it. Ebay says its been delivered and can't help, the store can't help, the seller thinks its been delivered.
Message 30 of 33
Latest reply