Click and Collect ....First Time....Never Again!!

Thought I'd give Click and Collect a go.... Never again.

got not sense from the seller. Opened a dispute for not received. Seller said to wait more days, it's already past the due delivery. I asked  the seller twice did you send the parcel to my home address or via Click and Collect as requested. All they respond with is the tracking number which tells me nothing.   4 days later seller responds to dispute..."Item has been delivered 12/8, please close the dispute"

I responded that I have not received the item. I have also not received the confirmation email or SMS needed to collect the parcel. So I head to Woolworths, printed a copy of the Order details, but this was of no use, it didn't have the info they need and they could not find the parcel. So after 30 mins of waiting and mucking around I left. 

I emailed eBay 2 days ago advising that I have not received my parcel and have not received the confirmation email (which Woolworths told me they need as it has a barcode they need to scan).

today I get a response to say they will look into it and to give the Store a ring and see if they can locate the parcel. I ring the store and after 20 minutes waiting on the phone, they come back with "they do not have the parcel".

So it's now 25th Aug and I have no item. I hope eBay don't decide to refuse to refund based on the following ..... given that I never received the unique code required to collect the damn thing 

"You must collect your item within seven days. Uncollected items aren't covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee"

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Click and Collect ....First Time....Never Again!!

From a buyers perspective the ebay money back guarantee still applies if the parcel is lost in transit or the store is not able to send the collection code if the seller has not clearly added the identification code on the parcel (this forms part of the address)

eBay Money Back Guarantee

• If the item is eligible for coverage under the eBay Money Back Guarantee, the buyer may open a request:
    • For an item not received if:
      • The unique identifier code is not on the second line of the address, has been removed or is illegible and therefore cannot be identified by Woolworths on arrival at the store; or
      • The item is lost in transit; or
    • If the item is not as described.

In the OP's case the buyer should be covered under the ebay money back guarantee as they say they have never received the code.

From a sellers perspective once the parcel arrives at the store and the collection code has been sent it is deemed as being delivered to the buyer.

I have had all parcels sent by click and collect arrive safely. In the same time period I have had other parcels go missing which were being sent directly to the buyers adderess either with AP or with a courier.

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

As a seller I do not offer 'click & collect'

I operate on the principle that I prefer my post office not to sell meat & towels etc.

Likewise I prefer Woolworths & Big W to have nothing to do with my postage.

Obviously eBay/Woolworths/Big W see money in dabbling in each others market and this will be the reason for its existance (not buyer convenience).

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

Really curious if the Op ever got anywhere with either E-Bay/Woolworth/Australia Post and/or the seller ?

So far I've received two questionnaires from E-Bay why I don't want to sign up for "Click And Collect"

Yesterday I've received an email for 15% discount if I start using "Click And Collect"

I smell desperation !!

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

i fell for "Click and Collect", and wont ever ever fall again.

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

I used C&C as a buyer, took a number of Emails back and forth, No-one at woolworths had a clue, 2 weeks later (after 2nd visit to the store), I get my parcel, 3 weeks later (1 week after picking my parcel up), I get an email:- Your parcel is ready for pick-up at Bog W.

As a seller, I gave this **bleep** system the flick straight away.

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

I am a buyer. Click and collect failed on me 100% (2 of out 2). I highly suggested all seller not to use 'click and collect' anymore, it cause pain to both buyer and seller, really waste of time !!
Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

It is the BUYER's choice whether they opt for C&C. Just because a seller offers it, doesn't mean the buyer has to use it.

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

I don't see the benefit. With parcel lockers etc post offices can "deliver" 24/7.
Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

Was that the case in the middle of last year? Does it apply to the significant proportion of the population (increasing if Barnaby gets his way) who don't live in major metropolises? Who might have a Woolies or Big W in town?

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

I'm 150km away from a post office and a woolies.
Message 20 of 33
Latest reply