Click and Collect ....First Time....Never Again!!

Thought I'd give Click and Collect a go.... Never again.

got not sense from the seller. Opened a dispute for not received. Seller said to wait more days, it's already past the due delivery. I asked  the seller twice did you send the parcel to my home address or via Click and Collect as requested. All they respond with is the tracking number which tells me nothing.   4 days later seller responds to dispute..."Item has been delivered 12/8, please close the dispute"

I responded that I have not received the item. I have also not received the confirmation email or SMS needed to collect the parcel. So I head to Woolworths, printed a copy of the Order details, but this was of no use, it didn't have the info they need and they could not find the parcel. So after 30 mins of waiting and mucking around I left. 

I emailed eBay 2 days ago advising that I have not received my parcel and have not received the confirmation email (which Woolworths told me they need as it has a barcode they need to scan).

today I get a response to say they will look into it and to give the Store a ring and see if they can locate the parcel. I ring the store and after 20 minutes waiting on the phone, they come back with "they do not have the parcel".

So it's now 25th Aug and I have no item. I hope eBay don't decide to refuse to refund based on the following ..... given that I never received the unique code required to collect the damn thing 

"You must collect your item within seven days. Uncollected items aren't covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee"

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Click and Collect ....First Time....Never Again!!

Not trying to be a me too, but as in the OP's case, and the many on here, that thought Click and Collect was the best, I too will not use it again, and in fact, puts me off ebay.

My order history says my item was delivered, but not to the store as I stipulated, but to another suburb close by, with no address except "placed in a safe place".

Who ever that is taking packages that people have paid for, not pointing fingers, but someone somewhere is gaining by taking packages.

In my case. the store person even asked me to call them, what can I do except say I will.

Item left on door steps disappear, click and collect never arrive, ie disappear, ebay, poor show, not sure what the solution is, but it puts off buying online.

No use putting in a dispute, as in my case, the total is only Aud$16.70 or so.

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

Most of metro Adelaide do not have parcel lockers that are not enclosed in buildings, ie, real 24 hours, so for a lot of people in Adelaide, Click and collect from Parcel Point is the only one, or so we thought, without the items disappearing from doorsteps.

If it won't fit into a red box outside a post office, we have to go inside to collect, but, not sure if a c/o xux post office will do, for a solution.

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

Click & Collect has changed a lot since this thread was started back in August 2016.

The pandemic was not heard of, Trump had not won the Presidency and Malcolm Turnbull was our PM, people shook hands, hugged, and stood side-by-side at the footy, had friends over for BBQs, travelled overseas and crossed freely into other states.

Click & Collect has been the only way some businesses have remained open during the pandemic.

Let's let this thread go where we all want the pandemic to go i.e. AWAY FOR GOOD

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply