I didn't send item back yet to get a refund, but system is saying it's been sent. Scam seller??

I did a request for refund on an item that stopped working in less than a week. I saw I got sent the return label to send the item back, but when I checked the next day about to print it out, the label was no longer available and it now says my item has been sent back, when I didn't do it yet! Is this a scam from the seller? Because now they've offered a $5.00 refund, when the item cost $20.00! They're claiming the system has a problem, but I think they may have done something to change the status of the item!? I don't know! And I'm given no option in the purchase order details or return order details to ask ebay to come in and resolve this. So I'm hanging off the seller right now. I don't like this and where it's going! Ebay needs to offer buyers more options to dispute or get something resolved!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I didn't send item back yet to get a refund, but system is saying it's been sent. Scam seller??

I don't know how many more tools eBay could possibly give to buyers, buyers get so many options and protections

Does it say there is a tracking number?

Where is the seller registered ? (shown on their feedback page - one guess- China)

What is their feedback like?

Have you tried contacting eBay to discuss?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

There are heaps of options available.

Its sad though when buyers give a seller negative feedback because one of the items is delayed by the courier,  not sure if you are aware once a seller hands it to Australia Post or a Courier,  it is out of their hands, don't penalise a seller for that.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You are on the Australian boards.

Take the .au out of your address bar to log into ebay.com

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks

I tried to check all that but was just getting a blank page for the OP so I assumed 'Friday funnies' were going on

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Funny things going on with OP.

Registered in USA but a lot of feedback left is for, and from, Australian sellers.

Maybe they haven't changed their registered address and it's sent ebay into a tizz??

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Funny things going on with OP.

Registered in USA but a lot of feedback left is for, and from, Australian sellers.

Maybe they haven't changed their registered address and it's sent ebay into a tizz??

Thats why I didnt comment about being on the wrong board,  they may be half right

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Even if they have updated their address, if the original signup was in USA it will show as registered in USA regardless of where in the world they move to afterwards.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply