I have been stopped from bidding by REMOVED and have no idea why?

I have been stopped from bidding by a sellerr and have no idea why?I have purchased from him before with no problem.

I can't even contact the seller ,as it seems he is receiving that many messages ,according to eBay .Maybe everybody is in the same boat?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I have been stopped from bidding by portzegel-roltandingshop and have no idea why?

There are thousands of sellers on ebay so the odds of anyone here having dealt with that seller are remote.

We can't really tell you exactly why you have been blocked. Ebay itself may not know.

Sellers are allowed to block people, they don't have to specify why.

Sometimes it will be people from various areas or countries. Perhaps the seller once sold there but struck troubles with postage arriving on time and has now cut it out.

They may block individual buyers if they feel for some reason that person could be a risk-maybe a buyer who has given a lot of bad feedback. Or a buyer they have sold to who caused them trouble.

I am not suggesting you are in that category at all, you may simply be in an area they no longer sell to.

It does seem odd that a rep on ebay would say you can't contact the seller because they are receiving too many messages. That would suggest a seller not keeping up with correspondence rather than a buyer's messages being blocked. 

I just had another thought and it was maybe you don't mean you are blocked from bidding. Maybe you mean you made a bid but the seller deleted it. I guess the question would be-is the item still up for sale, with other bidders?

No matter what the reason though, you probably aren't going to be able to buy whatever you had your eye on. Maybe best to move on and look at other sellers. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: I have been stopped from bidding by portzegel-roltandingshop and have no idea why?

I agree with springy.

Anyway,  out of curiosity I added one of the seller's items to my cart and it worked just fine, so it is probably not the country. Apparently blocked people cannot add items to their cart, although I am not sure. That's just what some people say.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I have purchased from him before with no problem ,but as I am unable to contact him .Just out of curiosity Can someone see if they can send a message as I can't even do that.If I have been blocked I would like to know why  .I personally think it is rather rude to block someone without letting them know why.As far as I am aware there was no problem with my last purchase .

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

This was his feedback to my last purchase,"Thank you for a fast, pleasant transaction. Excellent copper. Fine."

This is the english translatiion as it was in Dutch. So I don't know what is going on ?????

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I don't know... Obviously I cannot really send the seller a message, but the contact link works and there is a box to write a message. I cannot say for sure the message would go through though.

The feedback you left for the seller in the past is fine too.

I have no idea why he blocked you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply