I have had my ebay account suspended without a reason being given

I am a buyer on ebay. Not having enough experience nor courage to begin selling yet, in my own opinion.

Recently I have had a very bad run of badly described watches. I always politely mention any faults that are not mentioned in the description, to the sellers. More sellers voluntarily offered and then refunded my purchase price than I have ever experienced. I opened no cases.

This decency was apparently enough for ebay to suspend my account. They reversed all negative feedbacks I have given in the past 12 months (not many) and restored all reduced ratings to all my sellers, including the postage gougers and blatant ripoff merchants.

My buyer protection has been withdrawn indefinitely and I am not permitted to bid on anything at all. However I am permitted to sell !

I have tried to get a reason for the suspension by phone and was advised that I would not be informed as I may attempt to circumvent the rules. I was told that the action was 'possibly' due to a having a larger number of refunds proportionate to my purchases than is considered to be normal.

Has anyone any similar experience?

Rob

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I have had my ebay account suspended without a reason being given

catspyjamas. Great help and I thank you for your simple misjudgement of me and your simplicity of input
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

please don't be silly.
I changed my I.D fully knowing and understanding it is advertised to all and sundry. I seized the opportunity given me as I'm not trading am I
I didn't much like the other one as I was being "timed out" when signing up - the names I wanted were not available to me.
Because someone so well experienced as yourself is unwilling to assist, your disparaging remarks can only help someone else who requests assistance, to become disillusioned instead.
The forum is for help like feedback is for truth huh?
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

about 5 or 6 out of 40-45 but don't know what the problem really is. how could any user correct so-called behavior on with-held information?
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

???? I asked two questions to find out a little more bout your suspension and made no further comment than that ??? So not sure what simple judgement is inferred from that ???

Whatever....
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Hi robbie, I don't sell watches, but welcome to my BBL anyway.

You sure have had a lot of "problems" haven't you, that very nice sellers have sorted out for you, leaving them out of pocket no doubt.

No more it seems. 

Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply