I lost my money

I'm freaking out, I just bought an expensice item from a seller on holiday. And I paid for it at the same time they canceled. Now my money is gone and I have nothing. this is so wrong...

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I lost my money

What do you mean they cancelled? Did you pay via PayPal or bank deposit? If you paid via bank deposit, then you have probably lost your money. If you paid with PayPal or a credit card, then you will get your money back.

Can you give a few more details?

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

I payed with paypal, but the situation seems really strange because the seller has been away (this was an auction btw) but I got the item for about $500... Also the seller said that I requested to cancel the order and I did not... The seller is originpcaus, the seem to be a decent seller. Thanks  much for helping

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

Did you pay by Paypal? If so check in your Paypal account, the money should be returned to your funding source, if by credit card through Paypal it'll go back there but may take a few days to appear in your bank account. If it doesn't appear in a few days, contact the seller and if no joy there open a dispute in Paypal for "item not recieved"

If you didn't pay by Paypal or a credit card you will have lost your money, unless it's an Australian seller and you can persue them through ACORN.

Edit. slow on the keyboard tonight......G'day Tippy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

If the seller has cancelled, then a refund should be automatic. Did you pay with a credit or debit card via PayPal? If you did, then the refund will go back to your card, which can take a few days.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

It is actually possible that I bought the items after it was canceled as they were in my cart.. this really sucks though because I was the happiest ive ever been to get this item...

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

If the seller had taken the item down, you wouldn't have been able to buy it, regardless of whether it was in your cart or not.

Go into PayPal and see if your payment went through. Check whether it's been refunded.

Where did the money you paid through PayPal come from? Bank account or credit card?

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

I paid with paypal/creditcard with is linked to my bank and it's gone through (not refunded) anothe strange thing is that the resoultion centre it says it coming but everywhere else it's says item has been cancelled and it has the paid icon highlighted... Thanks a lot for your help btw

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

If the paid icon is highlighted, it doesn't sound like its been cancelled. It should say underneath the item in your purchase history if it's been cancelled. (I think). Have a look in your purchase history at the item. Is it still up the top under the "order" heading, or under the "cancelled" heading?

As I said earlier, if you have funded the payment with a credit card through PayPal, a refund would go back to your card, so you need to keep checking that. A card refund could take a lot longer this time of year. If your card isn't showing a refund by say Wed next week, open in item not received in PayPal.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

it's under the cancelled heading but it's also been paid... Is it possible that this was a mistake or an automatic cancel as the seller is away? I would really like to keep the item... The seller has a lot of positive feedback and I don't think they would do this

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply