I lost my money

I'm freaking out, I just bought an expensice item from a seller on holiday. And I paid for it at the same time they canceled. Now my money is gone and I have nothing. this is so wrong...

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I lost my money

@evansjen808-1 wrote:

it's under the cancelled heading but it's also been paid... Is it possible that this was a mistake or an automatic cancel as the seller is away? I would really like to keep the item... The seller has a lot of positive feedback and I don't think they would do this

Just make certain you get a complete package,(systems that are sold like this at times don't have all the items

installed to run it how you want).

it may be some sort of "glitch" that's caused the hiccup as they have been selling as normal.

If it has been cancelled then it may take a few days for the payment to return to your credit card,good.gif

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

Don't get too upset yet as whichever way it swings, you should be able to get your money back.

I had a look at the seller & it seems like a normal seller, not a scam artist so that's the first positive. The only problem is some of the feedback said poor communication so you may not hear back from him  a lot, especially if he is on holidays. Don't get too anxious though.

Now, as others said, if a seller cancels an order, you should automatically get a refund, even if it takes a few days to show up.

If for any reason the cancellation did not go through & it is still a sale then you also have options. Either the item would have to arrive by the set date or you could lodge an item not received claim. In that case, ebay would refund your money.

So whatever happens-whether it has been cancelled or not-you should be safe & get your money refunded (or get your item).

It may just take a few days for the money to come through, that's all.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

@springyzone wrote:

Don't get too upset yet as whichever way it swings, you should be able to get your money back.

I had a look at the seller & it seems like a normal seller, not a scam artist so that's the first positive. The only problem is some of the feedback said poor communication so you may not hear back from him  a lot, especially if he is on holidays. Don't get too anxious though.

Now, as others said, if a seller cancels an order, you should automatically get a refund, even if it takes a few days to show up.

If for any reason the cancellation did not go through & it is still a sale then you also have options. Either the item would have to arrive by the set date or you could lodge an item not received claim. In that case, ebay would refund your money.

So whatever happens-whether it has been cancelled or not-you should be safe & get your money refunded (or get your item).

It may just take a few days for the money to come through, that's all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If you have not received a refund onto your card or been provided with a valid tracking number by the end of next week I would not wait until ebay allows a dispute for not received. I would open one through Paypal as that can be started as soon as you want after payment has cleared.  Do not cancel it before you get a full refund or the goods arriving in as described condition and remember to escalate to a claim if the dispute is not resolved in your favour within a few days.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

Thanks for your help people, I ended up appealing the case (the cancel) I hope this wasn't a mistake I was really tired when I did it. Any idea how long it will be before ebay responds?

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

I have never heard of anyone appealing a cancellation.

The ebay CS people will probably be so shocked that they will be speechless.   You may never hear from them at all.

You mentioned the price that you won the item for....was it very cheap?

If a seller does not get the amount that they want for an item they will often cancel the sale and relist the item.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You mentioned the price that you won the item for....was it very cheap?

If a seller does not get the amount that they want for an item they will often cancel the sale and relist the item.

The seller sells PC's for gaming and upgrades to PC's.

Some "sold" for under $200 and $300 but they may not have full upgrades and others have sold for well over

$1000 so them not accepting the low price and re-listing is a possibility.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

That is what I thought too Tazz.

Not having the item number means that we have no idea what item it was but the OP seems very keen to get the item.  I could only assume that it was very good value for money.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I lost my money

@evansjen808-1 wrote:

Thanks for your help people, I ended up appealing the case (the cancel) I hope this wasn't a mistake I was really tired when I did it. Any idea how long it will be before ebay responds?

It's an upsetting experience when you think you've lost your money & if you thought it was $500 gone, it would have been quite stressful. it's a lot to spend on an early ebay purchase before you've really got into the swing of things and have an idea of how it all works.

We've established that there are procedures in place for you to get your money back should you need them.

But probably the other thing you need to know is that no one-not you, not ebay-can force a seller to post an item. It doesn't happen very often but occasionally sellers do cancel sales for various reasons.  It's not supposed to work that way I know, but realistically, all ebay can do is make sure that you are refunded. (As long as you always pay by paypal or similar).

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply