I need advice please!

drewjk2
Community Member

Hi all - I'm in Sydney Australia.

On 4th December 2017 I purchased the limited edition Twin Peaks Blu-ray box set from a seller in the UK who used the Global Postal Service with my Australia Post Parcel Locker as the delivery address. I had no idea that the GPS does not deliver to parcel lockers but I had no idea that they didn't.

Anyway, I was kept up to date that it was on its way and got an email on the afternoon of the 4th telling me that it was undeliverable and to provide an alternate address which I did immediately. I then got an auto email from the carrier giving me a reference number.

At 12.30am on 5th I got an email from e-bay saying 'Success! Your item has been delivered etc' but no item obviously arrived at 12.30am on a Friday morning.

I got on to the chat help this morning and at first the employee was doing everything they could to get rid of me by telling me that:

1) the 'success' email telling me that my item had been delivered really means that it had been delivered to the courier (not to me) and it would arrive next week

2) that my item is with Australia Post and they would put it in my parcel locker next week

I challanged them on the above and a whole heap of other excuses and they finally checked and sent me a link to show that the carrier has sent the item back to the UK on the 4th Jan (the day that I provided an alternate address)

I asked them why they had told me that I would receive it next week when it was on the way back to the UK but they danced around the question.

Anyway - she said she needed to investigate further and come back to me and that she was truly sorry and now understands my problem.

Then - about 30 minutes ago - I get an email from e-bay telling me I had opened a dispute and then 2 minutes later I get another email telling me the case is closed as the seller provided proof of delivery!!! I appealed telling them to check my file as there must be more information but have heard no more from anyone.

I don't want a refund - I just want the box set.

Has anything similar happened to anyone or can someone give me any advice?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I need advice please!

Your mistake was to get eBay involved.

You don't buy from eBay and eBay don't have anything to do with the seller or carriers.

It's between you, the seller, GSP and AP.

Had you discovered the item had been marked delivered you could have opened a case for INAD and atleast received a refund.

Lets hope the seller is honest and refunds when they receive it back, IF the GSP returns it to the seller.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I need advice please!

It sounds like very poor service by ebay.

I think at this stage, it would be worth writing a simple message to the seller outlining what has happened to the item ie it could not be delivered to a parcel locker & is now being returned to the UK seller, and ask what they can do to help.

It may be that you will need to pay a second lot of postage for it to be reposted to you.

Whatever you do, it's probably best to get in touch with the seller first to see what can be sorted out.

It sounds as if they posted the item quickly enough so they are probably efficient.

Apart from that, if by any chance the seller ignored you & didn't reply at all within a reasonable time (which I don't think will  happen), then what about a paypal dispute for item not received?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I need advice please!

I doubt a Paypal INR would succeed springy as the seller can prove the item was received by the GSP, that's where his responsibility ends.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I need advice please!

drewjk2
Community Member

Thanks all. I contacted the seller as soon as all this happened. One of e-bays *solutions* was to open a dispute and expect the seller to respond in 3 days even though I pointed out that the seller had done nothing wrong and I am not seeking a refund - I wan't the item..

Anyway - the e-bay person that I chatted to yesterday assured me that they would come back to me yesterday (but didn't) so I will contact them again shortly.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply