I posted negative fedback due to a faulty item and the seller cancelled the purchase

I bought and paid for a mechanical part for a vehicle, picked it up and fitted it. The part was leaking engine oil into the cooling system. As a mechanic trying to save an elderly woman some money, I tried 3 time to seal the leaks in this faulty part. Ended up having to buy genuine parts to fix this issue.

So I contacted the seller via EBay messages and explained what had happened and how I tried everything to rectify the issue. After providing all the vehicle details to confirm this part was made to fit this vehicle, the seller requested photos or videos showing the leaks each time it happened. So that the Seller could get compensation from the makers.

I explained that all the customer wanted was to get her car back and it had taken 3 days so far and that no photos were taken at the time. I explained that their compensation was not my concern and requested a full refund or I would contact EBay and take it further. I then posted negative feedback explaining what had happened.

Their next step was to cancel the order, which removed my negative feedback and gave me a refund.

Surely that's not right?
Surely it's not helping others before they waste their money on faulty items?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: I posted negative fedback due to a faulty item and the seller cancelled the purchase

Why not just buy from a proper shop which will at least have a warranty?

Looks like the seller is selling/drop shipping some low quality junk from China.

Even if that part had worked, there is only a 30 day window from receipt of product after which the seller has no obligation, so if things went wrong several months down the line, you would have no comeback/warranty.

Also, when there is a dispute, your first directive is to follow Ebay's procedure and open a dispute. Requesting a refund from the seller doesn't work as it is simply a message -  you need to open a case, which makes it "formal". Also, you don't need to communicate with the seller - you could have opened a case for Not as Described and the seller would have had to refund you or send a postage label if they wanted to back. 

Your negative feedback is still there.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply