I've reported rudeness and bad service from a seller

I bought 4 x pairs of baby socks (each was one auction) and the postage from VIC to NSW was going to be $10 per pair.  They 'discounted' it from $40 to $30.  I asked a few questions and was given the okay to send my own pre-paid, pre-addressed 3kg bag (which cost me $11.70). Now they are refusing to put the bag in the post & want me to arrange collection.  I"m in Sydney and they are in Melbourne. 

I copied the part of the correspondence to ebay customer complaint.  

(quote) Please organise some else to pick up this item and post it to you. I am sure you have experience with ebay and you know some people make extra money on postage just like i do. I will accept the plastic satchel but I am sorry I will not waste my time walking / drive to post the item this for nothing. Let me know when you have find the person to help you to post the item Thanks (end quote from seller)

Has anyone got a response from customer support about unfair behaivour/  bad service/ postage pirates?

note: I looked up their house on google maps and there is a post office less than 1km from their home.  Love google maps.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: I've reported rudeness and bad service from a seller

feeling the love & the offers to pick up (Kopes5, Putney32)

thanks everyone.  I'll contact them Monday to see if the bag arrives and push for the invoice. 

Message 31 of 148
Latest reply

I sent a pre-paid, pre-addressed 3kg bag so it can't be used again.

I have wrongly addressed one of those satchels in the past, and when I asked at the Post Office if there was anything I could do to still use the satchel they gave me an address label to stick over the top of the satchel address panel.  This let me use the satchel for the correct address.

Message 32 of 148
Latest reply

Hey sassy and arnl, have a look at the "socks"....they are not quite what you think.  I doubt that 4 pairs would fit in a 500g satchel so the OP is right in sending the 3kg one.

Otherwise I agree with what you have said.

I see what you mean now, Lyndal. Sorry OP.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 33 of 148
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Odd, sad, amusing and warm fuzzies all rolled into one. I thought of all you guys today and this thread when we were kinda sorta near the area. I nearly could have put my hand up to help too. I wanna see what these cute little slipper boots look like in person.

If the satchel ended up getting misused/reused can it atleast be 'tracked' by using the barcode/number that is on the satchel (if the OP kept that info)

I don't get the whole 'if you don't pay me the excessive postage fees I am asking I am not going out of my way at all for you'.....

Message 34 of 148
Latest reply

Imagining a group of ebay members rolling up in a little bus to collect 4 pairs of slipper socks for the OP.

I think we all want to know how this one ends. 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 35 of 148
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Hire a BIG bus, could be fun, maybe a good current affairs story. Make a day of it, maybe hit that cafe too!

Message 36 of 148
Latest reply

I sent a pre-paid, pre-addressed 3kg bag so it can't be used again.

Of course it can be used, when I used to use prepaid satchels I printed out labels and stuck them on, anything written underneath would be defunct, actually they could just tippex the old address out and write over it. As long as the tracking number hasn't been logged in at a PO then it can be used to send anything to anywhere.

Wouldn't the Excessive Postage and Handling Policy be applicable here?

Only if the individual costs were excessive, and that means very overinflated, not four or five bucks per item in packaging and handling.

Imagining a group of ebay members rolling up in a little bus to collect 4 pairs of slipper socks for the OP.

I think we all want to know how this one ends

I so hope we can all view it on Youtube :^O

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 37 of 148
Latest reply

piratepete2ndid
Community Member

Hire a BIG bus, could be fun, maybe a good current affairs story. Make a day of it, maybe hit that cafe too!

I'd be careful of virtual bus trips. They can end up in tears. Good fun up to that point, admittedly

Message 38 of 148
Latest reply

just had a quick read through the thread...I too have been caught out with

this profit postal quote (on different items of course)

a few years ago I had purchased DS games postage was $10 for each game

I had already bought the items but CHECK before bidding email the seller.

hate the fact some sellers make a mint out of post service, but to turn around

and say they won't go post items for nothing! $10.00 an item and less then 1km

from a local PO themselves the cost would be covered at least twice over.

just live and learn, hope you are able to get them delivered..nice people on here

who have offered 😉

and BTW yep show the seller this thread...probably a lot have seen this but not commented

good luck

Photobucket

♥ diamonds are a girls best friend! ♥

Message 39 of 148
Latest reply

Might be best to wait until the OP gets her socks one way or the other, Then direct the seller to the thread.

It is not just about the over pricing of the postage,  many sellers will do the same and unless it is massively over the top, ebay won`t act,  I think it is more to do with the sellers attitude, and how they responded,  refusing to take the parcel to the post unless she is paid to do so, the fact that we were told her husband is an experienced seller one would assume she would know better,   wonders what else she won`t do unless she is financially compensated, poor hubby 😞

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 40 of 148
Latest reply