ILLEGAL ORDER CANCELLATION

njd010
Community Member

Today eBay cancelled a purchase I made because the new eBay payment system is a failure.  I  paid immediately at the time of purchase through PayPal some 10 days ago but the payment was listed on my eBay account as "Payment Pending", the seller did not receive my finds. People at eBay, you really need to sort out your payment mechanism as it is useless, this is the 2nd transaction that went belly-up because of your inefficiency. Most importantly you need to IMMEDIATELY organise with PayPal for a refund of my purchase money  which was paid in good faith when I made the purchase.

EBay îs loosing the plot folks, whatever you do don't pay any transactions with PayPal as the 2 companies are not co-operating under the new eBay payment system.  

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

eBay do not read the forum

You need to contact them and give them your instructions 

No good telling all this to other buyers and sellers and addressing us as if we are to blame for what eBay does or does not do

Other members cannot organise a refund for you

I doubt many buyers will forgo the buyer protection they get with using PayPal on your say so either 

And since you claim it is 'illegal' I assume you will or have already reported it to the police?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I'm not blaming, just warning you all to be careful when paying with paypal.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I've been using Paypal with eBay for over 12 years now and have only had a couple of problems with payment to the seller, both times the seller had not set up their account properly and it would not accept payments.

You should be aware of the process to reclaim your money, which in the case of a cancelled item is very quick. Use the link below to do that, and scroll to the bottom for the "contact us" link.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@njd010 wrote:

I'm not blaming, just warning you all to be careful when paying with paypal.

wow,  using the word illegal is definitely blaming.

Do you know the full facts, or are you just taking the easy way of blaming Ebay?  It could be the seller has completed their account setup,  in which case blame the seller,  

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Nothing to do with anyone here,  and highly unlikely that it was ebay who cancelled your purchases, especially as you state you had paid.

You have no idea how ebays payment system works, and in all likelyhood the sellers you have dealt with are also clueless, and do not realize that their payments are on hold for security reasons.

Transactions between paypal and ebay  are still proceeding , unaffected by managed payments, which only applies to sellers, not buyers.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

This problem is not your end or eBay.  This happens when a seller has not signed up for Managed Payments correctly.  Common problem is incorrect bank account details and the payment flow stops from Seller - eBay - PayPal - Buyer.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

njd010
Community Member

Hi everybody.  This issue has been resolved.  I raised a dispute with the PayPal resolution centre and they were able to sort things out within 24hrs.  I'd say the eBay/PayPal link is weak at the moment because eBay tried to go-it-alone and didn't do much testing on their new system.  

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@njd010 wrote:

I'd say the eBay/PayPal link is weak at the moment because eBay tried to go-it-alone and didn't do much testing on their new system.  

And you know this through fact, or you just have no idea and it makes a good story

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@njd010 wrote:

Hi everybody.  This issue has been resolved.  I raised a dispute with the PayPal resolution centre and they were able to sort things out within 24hrs.  I'd say the eBay/PayPal link is weak at the moment because eBay tried to go-it-alone and didn't do much testing on their new system.  

Ebay was "going it alone" long before they acquired paypal and were doing very well.   Just as paypal was doing very well on their own before they were acquired by ebay.

It is not such a big deal now that the two companies have parted ways.

I have not noticed any difference in payments now that the two are back to standing on their own two feet.

But I will be a bit upset when we can no longer use paypal for ebay payments......a big mistake I think.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply