IMPORTANT, International Postage

Hi,     

Everybody needs to be aware of the new rules for International postage. If you send an item with out a trackable number [normal airmail] you will not be covered by Seller Protection any more.

By this I mean that I sent an item to Singapore by normal airmail at the buyers request. [ he did not want to pay for registered mail] It supposedly went missing. He opened a case with Ebay USA stating he had not received the item. Ebay looked into the case and he won. When I contacted Ebay to appeal, they stated that even though I had told the buyer that I could not be held responsable if the item goes missing if you do not take registered mail, because it did not have a trackable number he WILL WIN every time.

According to Ebay you must send all International items with a trackable number [either Insured or Registered] or if it goes missing, or if the buyer just says it goes missing [they do not have to proove it]  they WILL be reimbursed and you have no grounds to appeal.

So much for Seller Protection. Seller Beware

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Since when is this a new rule?   You have always had to be able to prove that you have shipped the item to be eligible for paypal protection.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The problem is I had proof of posting and sent it to the buyer and ebay but it made no differance because it did not have a trackable number.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

What proof of posting did you have that showed you had sent it to the buyer's address? It has been a rule now for a long time that under the international selling agreement you have to abide by the buyer protection that applies to other countries and Australia is the only one I know of that means you can just supply proof of posting. For every other site you need on line trackable proof of delivery. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply