If a seller messages you saying they will cancel/refund the order, can they change their mind?

A seller has offered me an exchange for a slighty more expensive model (if I give the extra $20) or a refund because they are out of stock on their projector model. I said I want a refund, but this may just be a bait scam and if they turn around and say "oh guess what we found more of the model underneath our couch" am I still entitled to the refund they offered or what?

It's important because a much better model (only one left) has come up and I am going to buy it now because I'm expecting a refund on the item I just bought. If they refuse to refund me can I take this up with ebay/PayPal instead insisting that they refund me because they already offered to? Or am I bassically going to be stuck with a really good projector and a cheap one I won't use that I can't get money back for? thanks guys.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If a seller messages you saying they will cancel/refund the order, can they change their mind?

As Kopenhagen says.

In particular, if you tell the seller that you're happy for them to cancel on the basis of "buyer requested cancellation", you're actually helping the seller to avoid cancellation for the most dreaded of all reasons - out of stock. (This earns the seller a "demerit".)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I guess if they "find" another and send it before they refund that's what you will get.

Or just ask them for the refund in PayPal within 24 hours as you need to buy another.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

As Kopenhagen says.

In particular, if you tell the seller that you're happy for them to cancel on the basis of "buyer requested cancellation", you're actually helping the seller to avoid cancellation for the most dreaded of all reasons - out of stock. (This earns the seller a "demerit".)

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

countessalmirena Thank you soooo much!!! idk if it was because I told them they could do this or if they were going to do it anyway, but I actually just got the full refund with the reasson "buyer requested refund". โค๏ธ โค๏ธ โค๏ธ

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply