If an international seller can’t print a return postage slip

Why is that when you buy a product from overseas and the seller provides a product that is not as described the buyer is penalised by having to pay return postage and time.

Ebay should be paying for return postage when a seller supplies the incorrect item
I am disabled and live in a town of only 330 people
When the seller cant print the return postage label eBay forces me to travel in to town 80km and pay for the return postage, I am not compensated for my time fuel or trouble it causes. I am also limited in the time period 8 days that I can return the product, I normally go to town every two weeks because I have to load up a wheel chair and its an exhausting event, its basically a day wasted when I have to heed to their demands.

If the international seller cant print a return postage label then they should not sell in Australia.

I am now going to approach the ACC, the local member and the media over ebays greed and demands when the the seller does the wrong thing.

Ebay is the retailer its their responsibility, they sold the product so why does the buyer have to wear the cost and pay for their mistake.
Ebay charge 12-15% on items sold and they are more interested in profit than customer support they are focused on profit only.
I would like a response from The ebay CEO on this matter because I am sick of going hungry because they cant fix their own mistakes.

Ebay is just a bunch of big bullies that care for the seller because they pay the bills but then load all the costs on to the buyer when they do the wrong thing.

Ebay say they will pay return postage in 10 days but thats **bleep** I been waiting more than 2 weeks for several returns and I am made to travel 80km and burn fuel load up the wheel chair and waste several hours trying to return the item in the time from they speculate. They dont offer to compensate me for my time and travel cost, discusting ebay
If ebay cant guarantee to organise return postage costs for a seller then that seller should not be able to sell in Australia that's it.
Ebay use a joomla cms with a custom template
here's my challenge write some code setup a company that sells for just 3% 2% costs 1% profit and focus on turnover and customer support
You would leave ebay in the dust as they have no customer support only greed
Have a great day
Tom
I would appreciate a response from the CEO regarding this matter or it may reign code and cypher's on ebays websites
Its good to see how people like to criticize rather than be constructive on this board. Does it make you feel good to put other people down rather than help. It would help if you read the post first too!
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I gave you an answer on your other post, please don't post the same issue in more than one place, most of us read all the boards and will see your post so you don't have to repeat it.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Ebay is just the advertising platform not the seller, There are processes in place that mean you may not need to return to an overseas seller, don't try to use disability or remoteness to gain extra sympathy as there are many posters here in the same boat, Ebay don't care about your threats, please read up on the buyer protections.

Latest reply

Because of your circumstances, I think you need to weigh up a few factors before you buy anything online.

-where is it from?

-How likely is it something might go wrong with the purchase? Obviously things like fitted clothes, shoes, electricals for instance pose more of a risk than some other things.

The fact you have to travel 80km to a PO & it is difficult for you is hard i know, but it's not relevant to ebay or any other retailer. Of course it is relevant to you, so you're the one who is in the best position for damage control. No one is going to compensate you for fuel or trouble. It doesn't happen anywhere. Even if you buy something from a retailer such as Target they would expect you to take it in to return it, they're not up for your petrol costs.

I don't mean to sound harsh but I doubt you'll get far by complaining that you have to go to a PO to post items back. I often buy from a big online seller in Australia & once when something went wrong I could print a label-but the item then had to be dropped off at one of their designated drop off centres, none of which happened to be in my suburb.

This is the reality of online buying at the moment.

But you can at least guard against having to pay return postage & then having to wait around for compensation by sticking to buying from Australia only.

In your situation here is what I would do.

-I'd try to buy some of my items locally or in the town that is 80km away. You go there fortnightly so this is achievable.

-When buying online from ebay or elsewhere, stick with established Australian sellers, even if it costs a bit more.

You can approach the ACC & local member & media but realistically it will be years before any major changes filter through so in the meantime, you need to look after your own interests & make it easier on yourself.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Unfortunately the sizes we require are not available in Australia
Its good to see how people like to criticize rather than be constructive on this board. Does it make you feel good to put other people down rather than help. It would help if you read the post first too!
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

thcinaus - so very very sorry to hear of your predicament and disability!

It seams that your biggest disability is lacking capacity in rational thinking.

The way you view Ebay, or any other online site needs major adjustments.

Did you really think that any of them can make allowances not only for your disability but geographical location?

That is not how it works. The only way it does work is applying same rules for everyone.

Can you imagine if Ebay made an exception for someone like you saying: "This person lives far, not convenient to drive to the PO, not her fault for receiving the faulty /wrong item, in this case we'll cover the postage for him/her"

Every man and his dog would jump on the bandwagon, including me - I could claim I am brain dead!

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Sooooo tempted.............but I'll resist     outtahere.gif

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

There again you are incorrect and took it as putting down when it was intended to shock into the reality you need. Smiley Wink

BTW, I don't read personal messages sent by members like yourself.

image host
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Sooooo tempted.............but I'll resist     outtahere.gif

So was I Stawks.Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

It seems that you only read what you want to read.....anything that you can misconstrue.

There are constructive posts on your other thread that have been ignored.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

The OP appears to be using this as a siggie lyndal.............

"Its good to see how people like to criticize rather than be constructive on this board. Does it make you feel good to put other people down rather than help. It would help if you read the post first too!"

In their case a rather unfortunate choice IMHO..........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply