If we purchased an item and paid via PayPal...Can the seller then cancel purchase?

renamagui
Community Member
Hi bought a ps4 bundle from the Gold Coast and seller agreed on a price and the a couple of days later ( today) we paid via PayPal $550! ( thinking we got the children's Christmas pressy wrapped up!) & then came home this arvo to a message that said Brock was cancelling purchase and refunding the money...nice! ( not)
Does it go back in account straight away? - because it's still not there!
And is this kind of Rort being allowed to happen?
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: If we purchased an item and paid via PayPal...Can the seller then cancel purchase?

PJ it ia always over when the nark takes a swipe at either of us.Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: If we purchased an item and paid via PayPal...Can the seller then cancel purchase?

the 21 day witholding period for sellers funds has been in since 1st of november so its not new. as a seller i think it stinks but until its removed (i doubt that will happen) any seller using it as an excuse not to accept a paypal payment would be trashing ebay rules and agreements and would be liable for a negative on they're feedback if not worse. i suggest you contact ebay on this asap.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

This happened to me with a $103.00 refund.PayPal put the money in my PayPal account instead of putting it back into my bank account,something to do with the way the seller refunded the money.(so PayPal tell me)

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

gunna, that is correct.  If a paypal payment is funded by a bank account the refund will go to your paypal account, not your bank account.  You need to withdraw it manually.

It is only payments funded by debit or credit cards that go back to the funding source and take several days to appear.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply