If you Won this Auction what do you think you should Receive?

Hi All, and thank you for your time to start with.

Just curious to see if everybody else assumes what I did when I won this auction.

The Item Number is 321895575223,  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-Silver-Flat-Panel-Speakers-EE418-61001-X2-/321895575223?ssPageName=STR...

If you won this auction what do you expect to be sent by seller?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Explain you don't feel there is a misunderstanding but an error in the listing as it clearly states speakers, plural.

As well, the title shows x2 which on the eBay site means 2 in this auction. eBay specifically have a function for multiple quantities and the seller chose not to use that on listing the items.

Further more, no where does it say it is for one unit. 

image host

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

i would expect to get two speaker bars in Box

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

I would expect two speaker bars in their box. If you got anything less then you need to not pay for it and if you already paid for it and received two empty boxes or just one speaker then you need to fill out and item not as described in ebay and get your money back.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

ok so what did you get   i asume you did not get the speaker bars

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

i reckon the op got 2 boxes of fresh air.

or the sellers old speakers which are no good.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks to all have replied so far, but safe to assume anyone would expect to receive 2 brand new in box speaker bars, which I assumed.

I was sent 1 speaker bar in box, actually I haven't opened this box at all so do not know what is inside it.  Pretty high price to pay for just 1 speaker bar in my opinion, it was a total of $51 to me including postage.  And had there been any indication in this listing it was only for 1 I would not have bid at all.

Sellers response when I asked when he was going to send the other 1 to me, is as below:-

Sorry for taking so long with my response. The "X2" on the order was there to show that there are two items in stock, each at the price of $20 (starting auction price). I am truly sorry for the confusion. I am not in the business of ripping people off and in no way indeed to leave you feeling ripped off. however, I hope you understand that the "X2" simply means that I have two in stock. I want to come to an agreement that leaves both parties happy. I cant send photos through this message but I have a photo which clearly states "quantity of 1" I think there has been misunderstanding on both sides, what do you propose we do that is fair for both of us? Kind Regards"

And stating that he had a photo that clearly states quantity of 1, well that is not the photo on this auction, so why say that when it is irrelevant? Even the title says Speakers (plural) not speaker.  I really feel totally ripped off for certain which I am sure anyone would be by this seller.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

It was his mistake and he should honour it. the listing does say x2 but nowhere does it state it is for only one of the speakers.  he should send you the other speaker .

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Explain you don't feel there is a misunderstanding but an error in the listing as it clearly states speakers, plural.

As well, the title shows x2 which on the eBay site means 2 in this auction. eBay specifically have a function for multiple quantities and the seller chose not to use that on listing the items.

Further more, no where does it say it is for one unit. 

image host
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

yep....seller error

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I have responded to the seller with 3 options:-

1.  He sends me the other speaker bar, postage at his cost.

2.  He refunds 50% of my total purchase price including postage.

3.  I send this one back to him, postage at his cost (which I think the ebay dispute covers) and he refunds my total purchase price including postage .

I am never accepting that I have to pay $51 for just 1 speaker bar, and you are right kopes, it was not a misunderstanding or any confusion on my part that I would only receive 1, the error was totally his alone.  And I do not have to suck up his mistake at my cost.

I have already opened an ebay dispute on this item (I haven't had to open any dispute for years so am new to the ebay process for a refund), but think I am right in saying that he has to cover return postage cost as well as all my original costs.  And I also have told the seller if he cannot accept one of the 3 above, then I will request ebay step in.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply