If you Won this Auction what do you think you should Receive?

Hi All, and thank you for your time to start with.

Just curious to see if everybody else assumes what I did when I won this auction.

The Item Number is 321895575223,  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-Silver-Flat-Panel-Speakers-EE418-61001-X2-/321895575223?ssPageName=STR...

If you won this auction what do you expect to be sent by seller?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: If you Won this Auction what do you think you should Receive?

as I said open an item not as described in ebay. Don't even mess around with the seller.........the listing says x 2 the wording says speakers (plural) just lodge a claim.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

The title says two, the photo shows two.

Nowhere in the listing does it say the price is per item. And he's still arguing with you?

Personally, I would also give him one star for item as described, plus a negative rating unless he comes to the party and sends the other one.

Just go with a dispute if he won't.

It's a totally misleading ad & it doesn't matter whether he meant it to be or not, he needs to fix things.

If he doesn't, teach him the lesson the hard way. A fool and his good ratings are soon parted.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

The seller also has never left any feedback for others, even as a buyer

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Of course the quantity is showing as 1, there is only one lsiting and it is for 2 speaker bars.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

If he doesn't send the other one,  neg him. With 12 feedback it will destroy his rating and teach him a hard lesson. As others have said, the title says it's for 2,  the description says very little,  and most importantly, it's an auction. Auctions, what you see is what you get. 

Please let us know how it all goes. 

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks all for all your responses, not 1 person has said that they thought this auction was for 1 speaker bar only.  And for the seller to then lay the blame with me for not "reading" his listing correctly and that I had misunderstood his auction I thought was a bit much. 

I think he really thought that I would accept that I had misinterpreted his auction and leave it at that. 

Maybe he also wanted more $$ than what he got for his auction, and then decided he would only send 1 to make up for his loss.  He obviously knows nothing about current price trends on what these are selling for if that is the case.  These are old stock and I could even have purchased a new in box of these from the States, and even allowing for shipping and the US dollar would still have been cheaper than what I have now paid for his auction.

The ebay dispute has been opened and am awaiting a response, any response from the seller to the 3 options I offered to resolve this and I think that I have been fair in what I have asked.  I cannot ask ebay to step in yet as I have to wait 5 days after the dispute is opened, but will for certain post what happens.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

There is nothing to misinterpret. The title says speakers x2. There is one photo.....of 2 speakers. The description says the brand, the part number, the product number. There is absolutely nothing that indicates the auction is for only one speaker. Everything indicates 2 speakers. I will be extremely surprised if eBay doesn't find in your favour.

Once a dispute is open, I'm pretty sure you can't get a partial refund. Unless he sends the other one, you'll have to return that one. He has to pay the return postage. He will either have to send you a postage label, or a prepaid satchel. Do not return it until he has paid for it. He might say to return it and then he'll refund the postage. Don't do it.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Tippy toes said:

Once a dispute is open, I'm pretty sure you can't get a partial refund. Unless he sends the other one, you'll have to return that one. He has to pay the return postage. He will either have to send you a postage label, or a prepaid satchel. Do not return it until he has paid for it. He might say to return it and then he'll refund the postage. Don't do it.

-------------------------

Tippy toes is spot on.

I would say you will win the dispute & be refunded the money you have paid out. It's then up to him if he wants his item back. If he doesn't pay upfront for return postage, don't fret, just don't send unless he does. This guy sounds slippery as an eel, even if he promises postage after you return, he'll fade off into the sunset if you do, because he figures he doesn't owe you.

Re his listing. If he genuinely thought he had listed just one item, then I would have expected two identical listings to be on ebay. Each listing with a photo of one item.

That isn't what happened.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

It is very clear in the information on how to list an item that if you are selling multiples (as separate items) there is a specific way to list it.  Likewise if you insert a photo of 2 items and use the term " X 2" and there is no other description about the number of items, then the listing is for exactly what is pictures.

Ebay advises to be very careful to describe the item exactly so that the item is "as described".

Trouble is, not all members who list items, list them carefully.  This seller has clearly not listed the item correctly.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply