Import Tax - Refund

nb-au
Community Member

Why is it so hard to refund the import tax?

Why should the buyer have to absorb the costs for misleading listing practices from an incompetent seller who also had sent the wrong item?

Why can't I talk to an eBay Representative from Australia and not an Overseas Call Center that has no idea about the consumer laws in Australia?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Import Tax - Refund

what is the item number?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Use the eBay MBG provided you paid via PayPal.

Edit - Are you the buyer or seller ?

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller refunded the item price without you opening an ebay dispute they are not responsible for the import charges.

The seller used the GSP and all shipping and import charges went to Pitney Bowes.

You should have used to ebay dispute system to ensure the refund of the shipping and import charges.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Use the eBay MBG provided you paid via PayPal.

Edit - Are you the buyer or seller ?

buyer - i have raised a MBG. eBay are saying they are waiting for the Australian Taxation Office...... Robot surprised

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If the seller refunded the item price without you opening an ebay dispute they are not responsible for the import charges.

The seller used the GSP and all shipping and import charges went to Pitney Bowes.

You should have used to ebay dispute system to ensure the refund of the shipping and import charges.

Yes, I'm waiting on the refund for Pitney Bowes... apparently it was approved mid May, but I was never credited the charges in PayPal.

Now, apparently eBay are waiting for the ATO (see above)

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I'm the owener of this stuff, yrs you steal it
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Interesting situation.   How did the OP steal your items?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply