Import charges, did I miss something

I was under the impression that the Australian govt was cracking down on gst and on items over 1000. However I've just seen an item on au ebay for £14 that indicates £4 approx import charges. Is this the new normal?

thx

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Import charges, did I miss something

As of 1st July 2018 there is an import charge on invoices UNDER $1000.

However the GSP in UK and USA appear to be charging for collecting the duties hence the higher amount.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

As of 1st July 2018 there is an import charge on invoices UNDER $1000.

However the GSP in UK and USA appear to be charging for collecting the duties hence the higher amount.

just another nail in the GSP coffin, wont take long for enough buyers to cotton on to the latest shonk.

we will all have to be very careful not to press the 'buy it now' button without checking for how its being sent.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

As I said before, eBay should offer buyers the option to exclude GSP from search results. It is a waste of time to look at GSP items. It always was, but now even more.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

OK thanks for those replies, I did not realise that it was connected to the GSP. I have in the past asked a seller for a realistic postage when ebay had automatically listed it as $235 whence it came down to $80

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply