Incorrect address for Click and Collect (?)

Okay so, I bought a product and paid extra for Express Post, which came along with a tracking number.

I watched my item's journey from Melb to Sydney over the span of last night, and, after 3 hours of "On board for delivery", the Aupost app suddenly turned all pink (why pink? I like the green much more!!). 

"Incorrect delivery address, item was returned to sender", that's all she wrote.

The problem here is, I had opted to pick up my item at a Woolworth. with Click & Collect (duh).

The seller insited that the eCP on the package was correct ,they also obliged to my request to redirect the parcel. But they won't just refund me for the item (which I paid $250 + $10 delivery for!!) until it had been returned to them, which would requires yet another redirecting request to the Devil's Bureaucracy that is AuPost...

Is my Ebay seller playing me for a kid here...?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the parcel has been redirected to a different address, and not back to the selller, doesn't that mean it's still on the way to you?

I'm not sure I understand the situation or why the seller would refund at this stage.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I am glad I am not the only one who is confused by the OP.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Here it is - 

Buyer finally gets the parcel and is happy.

or

Seller gets returned parcel, refunds buyer.    Buyer is happy.

Duh

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Have you contacted Australia Post?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Ah yeah, sorry for the confusion. So yes, I have asked them to redirect it, which they obliged, but also casually mention that this is something that might take up to weeks for Aupost to proceed. And the whole uncertainty of the situation was what made me wanna order. There nothing like the fear of the unknown.
P/s: the parcel arrived the next day, at Woolworths collection box, and not the address that I asked them to redirect it to(at one point the tracking number said that they had lodged an enquiry from the sender). Even more question marks!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

*Wanna cancel the order. Oops
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply