Is Bunnings survey that popped up on Ebay a scam?

A Bunnings survey popped up on Ebay yesterday after I completed a purchase. How do I find out whether is is legitimate?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Is Bunnings survey that popped up on Ebay a scam?

@sugar249 wrote:

@crow8117 wrote:

There's no need for such a vitriolic reply. If you must reply, keep it positive. You have a lot of anger and a very condescending attitude.

No, Ratman's comments were just firm and factual.   You must agree with ratman, why would someone hand over their credit card details, for a ''free'' item.   Sometimes it takes a firm response to educate people,

Totally agree! There was an ad on the TV a few days ago about getting a free Will done if you did it by Sunday March 24. I thought RIPPER! So, I jumped on the site, went through everything, then they wanted credit card details. First year free, then $15 a month!!! If I live another 20 years, that's a LOT of money spent. I hit the X real fast, and will go and get it done locally. Why would I hand over my credit card details for something that was advertised as being free? Now I'm being hounded to death with spam from this site.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

At least you don't blame the tv station for letting the ad be shown, and then for the site advertised spamming you

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

What on earth was the $15 a month for.

A Will is a one off - signed sealed & delivered.

Unless of course circumstances change.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

I have seen this before,  they also offer to keep it securely (???), and updates if required,  although the one I saw you had to pay for the update anyhow.

So yes a total rip off

Edit:  some people do make regular updates to their will.  

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

One can amend a Will ( Codicil ) - but if major changes occur it is advised to simply make a new Will.

LOL - what do you call ' regular '. ??

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Secure digital storage or something like that. Plus, unlimited changes. Still a bleeding rip off!

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

Totally..............................

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

All this talk about wills makes me think how many don't have one. I don't although I should considering my circumstances at the moment but I just keep putting it off like everything else which must be how they catch a few out with these offers. Honestly I would hate to burden anyone with cleaning up my mess as they would not know where to start hence why I haven't bothered. 

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply