Is it acceptable that I should have to tend to my 8 year-old child's shock when I search Ebay?

brimarsk
Community Member

Is it acceptable that I should have to tend to my 8 year-old child's shock, and possible seek physhological counselling, when I search Ebay using an utterly innocent and highly appropriate search term such as 'large newtonian balls'? Should Ebay have the right to expose such graphics and imagery to my child? Go ahead! Search the clearly ligitimate term 'large newtonian balls', but DO NOT have your children nearby!!!  I mean, should Ebay NOT have a category that requests sellers to mark their product as SENSITIVE, so as to WARN parents, who have their children sitting with them, while searching for products for them! When you do the search:\

large newtonian balls

make sure you scroll down and have a good look at all the adult parapernalia, and even dare to click the links to find out what OTHER products your children will potentially be seeing!

EBAY = this is NOT ON!     FIX IT!     FAST.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Is it acceptable that I should have to tend to my 8 year-old child's shock when I search Ebay?

Given that you must be 18 to use eBay, I would ask why you have an 8yo searching eBay. Psychological counselling? Really?

Not to mention that these days 8yos probably know it all anyway.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Under 18's NOT allowed on eBay.

It pays to know the rules of sites you visit.

Personally, if it were my 8yo, wouldn't be allowed on the internet, period.

image host
Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

If you choose to allow your child to look at eBay that is YOUR choice and YOUR responsibility 

Let us know what eBay say when you contact them and tell them 

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I searched using your words and got zero results.

Why would you keep scrolling?

What you should have searched for is Newtons Cradle Large

Just asking for trouble with your search words.

Ebay's problem?   Nope.   All yours.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Given that you must be 18 to use eBay, I would ask why you have an 8yo searching eBay. Psychological counselling? Really?

Not to mention that these days 8yos probably know it all anyway.

Someone needs psych counselling, that's for sure.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If your child is a boy he should not be too distressed at what he saw.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

I searched for "white magic" with the quotation marks so to only get that brand and I was surprised at one item that appeared in the search because it did not have the search words but I am okay, no harm done because I am over 18.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Why did you search for 'white magic'?

Surely you were looking for 'large newtonian balls'?

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

@brimarsk wrote:

Is it acceptable that I should have to tend to my 8 year-old child's shock, and possible seek physhological counselling, when I search Ebay using an utterly innocent and highly appropriate search term such as 'large newtonian balls'? Should Ebay have the right to expose such graphics and imagery to my child? Go ahead! Search the clearly ligitimate term 'large newtonian balls', but DO NOT have your children nearby!!!  I mean, should Ebay NOT have a category that requests sellers to mark their product as SENSITIVE, so as to WARN parents, who have their children sitting with them, while searching for products for them! When you do the search:\

large newtonian balls

make sure you scroll down and have a good look at all the adult parapernalia, and even dare to click the links to find out what OTHER products your children will potentially be seeing!

EBAY = this is NOT ON!     FIX IT!     FAST.

Maybe you should have had an ambulance, and a full medical team on standby to cope with the trauma. Apparently, that's the thing when someone is upset with eBay and someone close to them has been shocked to within an inch of their life.

Get your kid off adult only sites. EBay doesn't have to fix anything. This is all YOUR fault. Nothing to do with eBay.

Spoiler
Psycholigical counselling.........?
Spoiler
Bawahahahahaha! You can't be serious.
Spoiler
roflmao.gif
Spoiler
The sad life of a helicopter parent............

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply