Is my item lost?

So last month I ordered an item. $130+ AUD. The seller was from the Philippines and had an all-round completely positive feedback history. He is a helpful guy, and even informed me it'd take up to 4 weeks to receive my parcel. However, a whole month/4 weeks has nearly elapsed now and I have nothing in my mailbox. I live in Australia, and the postage carrier is Philpost. I don't want to be the sourpuss and drop the first negative feedback on his profile as I know it's not his fault. 

Could the parcel be delayed? Could have it been sent to my post office instead of my mailbox? It's not a massive item, so I don't know why one would hesitate to pop it somewhere I can notice it. Any advice or help about this issue? Should I obtain a refund/cancel the order? Get in touch with the carrier or my post office? 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Is my item lost?

Save the paragraph.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

The item wasn't paid for through Paypal or a merchant credit card facility.

Unless eBay gift cards were used and they comply with the MBG, the buyer has NO recourse except through the seller's honesty.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

You seem to be antagonizing me. 

In no manner did I mention dropping negative feedback. It was the exact opposite. I'm generous with him. He was a helpful guy.

I'm just beginning to build concern about my items current condition and location.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

???
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@tyrantcrimson-17wrote:

I don't want to be the sourpuss and drop the first negative feedback on his profile as I know it's not his fault. 

No offence intended, however, you have mentioned negative feedback, so obviously you are thinking about it. We all want our parcels ASAP, but if you are dealing with Asian countries, (I buy lots of things) Then you need to have a great deal of patience,  and expect to wait around two months in many cases.  Sometimes they can deliver in a surprisingly short time, but not often. Their Post Offices must be inudated with mail and deliveries are sometimes unpredictable and erratic. More than likely your item will turn up during the next month. You are lucky to have picked a good seller.  I have bought lots of things from sellers with a lot of bad feedback, with few problems.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@tyrantcrimson-17wrote:

So last month I ordered an item. $130+ AUD. The seller was from the Philippines and had an all-round completely positive feedback history. He is a helpful guy, and even informed me it'd take up to 4 weeks to receive my parcel. However, a whole month/4 weeks has nearly elapsed now and I have nothing in my mailbox. I live in Australia, and the postage carrier is Philpost. I don't want to be the sourpuss and drop the first negative feedback on his profile as I know it's not his fault. 

Could the parcel be delayed? Could have it been sent to my post office instead of my mailbox? It's not a massive item, so I don't know why one would hesitate to pop it somewhere I can notice it. Any advice or help about this issue? Should I obtain a refund/cancel the order? Get in touch with the carrier or my post office? 

1. Was his feedback mainly as a buyer or a seller? If most of it was for selling, then things are looking more positive.

2. There should have been an estimated delivery date in the ad itself. Or there is on all the ads I look at. What date range is it showing you? You need to wait till after that date before you do anything. Look in My ebay-your purchase history section to see the ad.

3. How can you expect the seller to cancel the order if he already sent it off weeks ago, paying postage on it? It is in transit.

If you really wanted to cancel, you'd need to wait till it arrived and arrange to post back at your expense & probably only be refunded the item cost, not the original postage. That is assuming the seller allowed a refund for change of mind in the first place.

4. I would think the parcel will be delivered to whatever address is on it & that will be whatever address you gave the seller. If they try to deliver it and nobody is home, you would normally get a card left in the mailbox to tell you to pick up at the PO. or it might be left near the door if no signature required.

5. If you're worried, write to the seller and ask if there is a tracking number of any kind to show where it is, but I wouldn't worry too much till it is actually overdue & from what you write, that isn't the case yet.

6. Feedback is the last thing to worry about.  The order is-get item, or get refund, leave feedback. keep an eye on the dates so you do it all within the time limits but don't fret till something is actually overdue.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales

what address was provided to the seller for addressing the parcel.  If the item is too large for you mailbox, or was sent SOD, then it should be carded if nobody home when delivery attempt is made.  In that case you will probably need to collect it at the PO.

Occasionally I have read comments by people who said delivery was not attempted, no card was left and their items were waiting at the PO (sometimes they were even sent back because they were not collected), so it is always a good idea to ask at the PO  - just in case.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Parcels sent from the Philippines will have a tracking number - have you checked the tracking?

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply